Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ladd McConkey: His last-minute recruiting story triggers goosebumps

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageLadd McConkey: His last-minute recruiting story triggers goosebumps

What do you need to know about this Ladd McConkey kid from North Murray High in North Georgia? Well, pretty much everything about a highly uncommon recruiting story.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everybody loves and underDawg. This young man has a story that makes it easy to be a fan of his. Hope he decides to come to Athens and play for championships.

• Options
    QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The kid is fast, and smart too. I'd like to see him in red and black.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It would really **** to lose him to UTn.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

If he goes to Tennessee, good luck to him. If he comes to Athens, he'll get the coaching to where he won't need luck.

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Great read Jeff! Easy to see why this young man's stock is rising.

• Options
    SouthpawDawgSouthpawDawg Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Monken-McConkey 2020 sounds like a winning ticket

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting story. He would enjoy UGA and contribute I think.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I like the Monken way of getting athletes, regardless of the STAR power! Of course, it takes Kirby's approval.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020

Weighing 175...after eating three steaks and putting $10 of pennies in his pockets...this kid will never make it in the SEC...it is probably a good idea to give him a scholarship though....this will help with in-state recruiting

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think he would be a good addition at slot. We need guys who are shifty like he is. He made those dbs look silly on that tape. He reminds me of Isabella from UMASS in 2018. The one that destroyed our dbs for over 200 yds. I hope we get him. But I have a feeling Tennessee will offer once they find out he's a fan. It will be an uphill battle then. But it's also the same thing if tech/tenn/FL/AUB offered my son and uga hadn't. When it comes to an education, do what you can to get one. Don't matter from where.

• Options
    MLVMLV Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

I see the Andy Isabella comparison as well. Could be an excellent sleeper pick for UGA and, I figure that, now that he has an offer from the Dawgs, a UT offer will follow. I hope he gets one. Personally, I'd rather the Dawgs add him to the team rather than Zach Evans.

• Options
    QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't underestimate the combination of speed, dexterity, AND intellegence. The kid's IQ is probably in the mid 120's. That's a nice combination of natural talents.

Besides, he'll put on weight over the next couple of years, and with proper training will be able to balance that weight with strength and speed.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Andy Isabella!! Exactly! We couldn't stop that dude. Stay home KId. Be a DAWG, play for a Natty and be a legend.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He about broke that DB's ankle at the opening deal. Made him look slow footed.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Brings to mind Andy Isabella, the small (and yes, white) receiver for UMASS who absolutely torched Georgia's defense last year.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2020

Seems like a nice young man. But doesn't Ga only have 2 spots left? Do they know something about Jones or Van Pran? Wouldn't this put them over? Maybe Jeff Sentell can clear this up. But if I had to choose between this kid or the o-linemen. Sorry , would rather have size and strength in the trenches.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My takeaway from this is that Smart is going after the pieces that Monken wants for the offense. It gives me more confidence that Smart is going to let Monken run things the way he wants. I think that will be a good thing. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like a great young man and student athlete. I’m impressed that UGa has offered him because there are scores of higher ranked recruits begging for a Dawg scholarship. It looks like he may or may not get one from the Vols depending on what other recruits decide to do in February. Hmmmm, hope he selects the better program that offered him before seeing what other players decided to do. Go Dawgs and good luck Ladd.