Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Alcohol before/after games

BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What's yall's take on it? For me the two have always gone hand in hand (no pun intended). To me it has always been part of the experience. It was always drink as much as I wanted. As I have gotten older, I am more "responsible" and do not drink as much. Now I have to drive a family home and am usually driving and don't want to hear the wife complaining.

Anyways, what's yall's take?

Drink or not?

Comments

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

99.9% of the time, me too!

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always fill up the tank before a long drive.

• Options
    truepingtrueping Posts: 360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

"Alcohol before/after games". I vote yes!!! (but not if I'm driving)

• Options
    Copedawg16Copedawg16 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    Copedawg16Copedawg16 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    Erked_RussellErked_Russell Posts: 31 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m with Biff..... but since I matriculated in 4 years of semi sobriety.....and many years after of tailgating and consuming much beverage ......at this point a sober Sat in Athens is a good thing ....you see new things sober .....try it sometime

But as a student up through my 30’s I would have been for stadium sales ...now not .... people are drunk enough as it is ..... and if you must have a bump to enjoy the game ..... sneaking it in is half the fun

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haven't had a drink on game day in Athens since 2001. After hitting a ga tech fan in the bathroom in 2000, my wife figured it was time I quit.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I dont drink anything before The game, but enjoy hitting downtown afterwards, and downing a few beers. Especially when we win.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On game day I start a slow Bloody Mary IV drip at 7:30am that usually finishes by Noon. The Mrs. changes the solution to **** 47 and Tonic, which lasts until 5pm. At 5:05pm the bag is changed again this time with Manhattan's. At 9:09pm the bag is changed again with a high quality California Cab.

• Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

When we'd go to Athens for a tailgate, the "before" was usually, well more. The after depended on a few factors. 1) Did we win 2) Do I have to drive 3) How much did I drink before the game.

Now when I was at school in Athens we started drinking the night before, woke-up, headed out to where we were tailgating, drank until right before kickoff, baked in the student section through the game. Headed back to Rivermill. Drank more. If we won, we drank a lot more, no matter what we always made plans for going out and meeting up with friends that night to continue the party, right after a short nap. (famous last words)

...if we woke-up, order Dominos drank whatever beer we had around, while watching whatever game was on TV, then went to bed. On Sunday we were often promising God never to drink that much again.

PS Does anyone remember that cheap beer you could by in the bottle, that paid a deposit?

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Ah. An OT and a DV for this. Means at least 2 people here don't understand sarcasm without it being pointed out to them or they're bugs. 🙄

• Options
    UgajayUgajay Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

I was all SEC 1st team drinking team from 06 to 08. Now I'm the one who goes downtown on gamedays just to get nostalgic. My how life changes