Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers for the month of January

SystemSystem Posts: 7,418 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football winners and losers for the month of January

Starting on the first of every month, we're going to recap the previous month for Georgia football and all that happened around the program. Georgia football winners and losers for the month of January Winner: Those hoping for new Georgia offense Following a disappointing 2019 campaign on this side of the ball, many

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's Great to be a Georgia Bulldog!!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone following Zach Evans recruitment is considered a loser? You keep posting articles about the young man. January loser.. Conner Riley

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Evans sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Too much hype and drama surrounding this kid.

I'm a bit concerned about 5-star OL commit Broderick Jones who is visiting Auburn this weekend. Gus has done a fantastic job recruiting his OL this cycle (Five 3-star OL recruits thus far). Jones wants immediate playing time which he would obviously get with the DAWGS.

I can't wait until Thursday comes and everyone thats still a holdout signs on the dotted line. Until then, anything can happen with17-18 year old kids.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Connor, I like your series on UGA with one exception, The title. I do not like having "Losers" associated with anything UGA other than other programs that we compete with (especially the lizards down south). I have enjoyed just about everything else in the series. Thanks for the interesting articles.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hat's off to Smart for several reasons. The Zack Evans drama, while not an easy decision to give up on the potential, Kirby saw the risk and avoided it. I remember Crowell very well the day he ignored CMR on the sideline.

Does anyone out there think CMR could, would have taken such bold moves to replace staff personnel without being forced to do so?

I believe Smart may have another ace in the hole for the remaining staff opening. If he was going to promote Faulkner I believe it would have already happened. My bet might be a top strength and conditioning guy.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do you think if Coley would hav owned the struggles from last yrs offense or put in different attempts even, do you think he would still be at uga?

loved him as a recruiter, and I believe down the road he will be much much more successful, but as with most success stories it takes the right people st the right time in the right positions.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

Definitely agree he should have tried a few other things but not sure how he could own it any more than he did. From Sugar Bowl:

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR COLEY: Everybody knows we’ve — everybody’s talked about the play on the outside and the questions on Jake [Fromm]. You know what? I’ve got to do a better job, first and foremost. Starts with me, right? So, I’m looking at myself hard and criticizing myself and busting my tail to get that end better.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"And it’s hard to say next year’s unit will be better without the likes of Swift, Fromm and tackles Andrew Thomas and Isaiah Wilson."

At the risk of quibbling, this makes it sound like a long shot. Despite all the high profile departures, Georgia still has one of the more talented rosters in the country. The depth on the OL is well established, and I think we're all in agreement that Luke has shown an ability to coach them up. It would be one thing if we were replacing a 3-year starter at QB with an unknown, but the signing of Newman goes a long way in mitigating any doubts after losing Fromm. And Swift was a joy to watch, but something tells me we'll be fine at RB. WR remains the big question, but even there, there's potential, especially if even one or two of those upper echelon signees can make an impact. Plus, Smart has shown he's taking the need to improve seriously by bringing in Monken and Faulkner.

I would argue that between those aforementioned points and the gross ineffectiveness we saw in 2019, it's hard to say the offense WON'T be better in 2020. As for whether it will be enough, well, that's why we watch the games.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Todd Monken was a good hire but I remain cautiously optimistic because of the high number of interceptions by his qbs and I believe Kirby has a problem getting his entire team to perform at a high level. If they can resolve those issues the skies the limit.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let's be brutally honest. Our offense only avg. 26 points a game. Compared to the other playoff schools we ****. Only one way to go from there, and it aint down.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's Wednesday.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This winner-loser treatment is basically a rehash of all that has been rehashed before. New coaches to effect certain changes in offense. Faulkner is still a pseudo-mystery. Room for one more coach? Jones has not signed. (Neither has Van Pran). There is always non-zero-chance Evans back in the conversation. The returning defense will remain the mainstay. The new-look offense prefaces promise... Newbies contingent looking like a real tour de force in 2020. Season 2021 features commit Brock Vandagriff...5-star talent at QB.

Let's translate all of the above into wins....starting with VA....then Bama!!! Then SEC East...SEC Championship and NATTY!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand he owned it after that game but I believe we all saw the writing on the wall after the Notre Dame game .