Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawgs fans on 2020 outlook for ‘Zeus,’ ‘Antman’ as a lottery pick, and more!

SystemSystem Posts: 10,550 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageDawgs fans on 2020 outlook for ‘Zeus,’ ‘Antman’ as a lottery pick, and more!

Dipping into the latest Junkyard Mail

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Only one team wins the natty every year, and don't think for a second that fans of Bama, OSU, Clemson, and the other elites aren't complaining about what they did wrong the last few years. I don't think ANYBODY was gonna beat LSU this year. If you look at it, we dropped a TD pass on the 1st play, and we had a chance to make it 20-10 late in the 3rd if not for ANOTHER dropped TD pass. We probably played LSU tighter than anybody. All you can do is be in it at the end of the season and see what happens, and with Smart I think we'll be in the mix every season barring injuries.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Interesting questions from the fans but I want to touch on Gary Cody's question. Coach Dooley won 1 nc in his 17th season but he couldn't do it without Herschel Walker. HW was a unique rb who possessed unusual strength and speed. Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence both from our state are very gifted but I doubt Clemson would have won those 2 national championships without them. I think Kirby just needs to identify players who possess unique capabilities and allow them to do what they do best.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How many teams can win a National Title each year? Only One. How many teams can win a Super Bowl each year/? Only One.

It takes talent, coaching and a whole lot of luck of no major injuries to accomplish these feats, year after year

Coach Dooley had one Natty in his tenure at UGA. So with Herschel he won one, and came close to winning two others.

Kirby has come close to winning one. With more talent coming in, better and improved coaching and luck of no major injuries, maybe Kirby will win one, but I hope it doesn't take 17 years to accomplish it.