Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Speedy WR Ladd McConkey has made his college decision

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageBREAKING: Speedy WR Ladd McConkey has made his college decision

Ladd McConkey has made his college decision. Quickly. He's become a late target for the Georgia Bulldogs in the 2020 cycle for his value as a slot receiver.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Bulldawg Nation!!!!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is wonderful! A great kid who still has some growing to do. We are blessed to have him. If he throws as well as he runs, we have a real star on our hands.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stoked!!!!! Welcome aboard!

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Excited about this young man!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reminds me of a kris Durham type

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have never been more excited about a so called 3-star player committing to UGA. There is absolutely no way he's only the 139th best player in Georgia.

I know it's high school highlights, but Ladd looks like Johnny Manziel or Fran Tarkenton the way he keeps making people miss.

Welcome to Georgia!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Heck, yeah! Welcome aboard the Kirby train, Ladd! Dawgs are loading up, son!

GO DAWGS!!!!!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A little while back I watched that video of him in one-on-one drills and wondered why he's only a 3 star. Just watched his in-game highlights and I'm officially at a loss. Guess he just didn't really hit the camp circuit?

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm sorry...but at a 160 pounds (I have no doubt they are fudging his weight) he is not big enough to play in the SEC

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have a little faith in the Georgia nutrition and strength and conditioning program! When Ladd gets his number called, he will be ready! This is a big pickup! I’m excited!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And yet, a 5-11 / 183 LB QB is the top rated player at his position and a top 5 player in the over all rankings.

Mecole Hardman was listed at 5-10 and 169 coming out of high school. McConkey at 5-foot-11, 170.

It's not like Kirby and his staff have to scrape to attract quality receiver's. Have some faith...

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow......watch his highlights. He’s kinda like Mecole Hardman on steroids!!! Amazingly fast and impressive. Welcome Ladd and Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Defense win championships.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love this lad! Sorry, that was too easy. I am looking forward to seeing him light up defenses in the SEC. This kid is absolutely underrated, under the radar.

Welcome to the family!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is the piece of the class I was really curious about, the speed guy. It looks like we now have all the pieces in place for any sort of offensive overhaul we want to make. Really looking forward to next year!

• Options
    traildawg51traildawg51 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

Welcome to the DawgNation. It is exciting to see a local Murray County boy join the family. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome aboard, hopefully we can convert the family into being Dawgs!