Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers from 2020 National Signing Day

SystemSystem Posts: 10,694 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football winners and losers from 2020 National Signing Day

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football winners and losers from 2020 National Signing Day Winner: Matt Luke Luke had massive shoes to

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby Smart is The Hardest Working Man In College Football. Georgia is fortunate to have him...

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When it comes to NSD, there is no way UF is not a loser. Gator Nation doesn't need to concern themselves with catching UGA. They need to worry about being caught by Tennessee. UT is MUCH closer to catching UF than UF is to catching the Dawgs!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, tough to find any losers on the Georgia staff or players. Smart shows that he gets pretty much everyone he wants. He gets the best players early (we almost always have the highest average rating) and then fills in spots as needed. Congrats!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Winner: Georgia Fans after SC loss last year.

We get to watch muschamp sweat knowing he might be losing his top recruit. Gotta be thankful we don't have that problem this year. Like we have in the past. And his son doesn't want to play under him is a bonus. Oh and for someone who has seemingly avoided coming back to uga as a coach, he sure likes to pull in ex uga coaches/players. But anyone desperate for Joe Cox must be searching really hard for help. One of the worst years, when he was qb, I can remember in recent past.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Whether of not Kirby is a winner or loser in this remains to be seen......The real story is "Pressure is a privilege" has never been more true for him......Georgia has the #1 recruiting class in 2 out of the last 4 years.....the Dawgs are expected to make some noise this year...no excuses...none at all

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are never any real losers....just missed opportunities. Coach Smart pretty much has his way with the recruiting opportunities these days. The Georgia brand has blossomed into the #1 stop for many of the nation's elite prospects. My angst over Broderick Jones was misplaced as he claims his UGA commit was never in doubt. So much we have no knowledge of in this chess game we call recruting. There is great satisfaction in trumping Alabama and Clemson again. Now UGA must move its chess pieces meticulously through the off-season, blending coaches and players in a matrix that will prove Kirby Smart is not only the best recruiter in the nation, but also produces the pursued checkmate as he tackles the 2020 schedule, materializing it into (hopefully) a winner-take-all national championship! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There was some talk yesterday on 92.9 the game that some UGA fans were already likening CKS to CMR. In other words recruited well but never could get to the top. I don't know what percentage of real UGA fans actually believe that but for me it's nothing but Bull Dookie. We could of should of already won a NC(BAMA) and we ran into an offensive juggernaut in LSU last year. Perhaps the team of the decade(certainly the best offense I've seen). Now the way we performed against LSU is another story.

But most certainly CKS has us knocking on the door again, hopefully we'll kick that door down soon.

• Options
    Billy21Billy21 Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lets don't get too critical about the should of(s) and could of(s). Any HC is job is to win and give the university an opportunity to compete on a big stage at the end of the year. That's what Kirby has done so far starting with his second year at the university ....and that i might add, he is a pretty young HC. Now that the DAWGS are in a position to compete at that high level on a consistent basis, even with the inconsistencies of last years team, they just need to find that edge to punch through whether it be capitalizing on opportunities or making that explosive play or whatever it may be.

things we do know, is the talent and depth are there to make it happen. Lets see how the new offensive scheme holds up and hopefully help keep the defense fresh when they get back on the field for those critical moments.

Excited about this season as there are still ??? but should be a fun challenge.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For anybody who wants to compare Richt to Smart. Smart is only 44 years old and entering only his fifth season as a head coach — 8-4 versus Top 10 teams, riding a string of three straight SEC East titles. Recruiting better than any coach over the last 3 years.

Richt recruited well, but not near as good as Saban, and it showed in head to head games...

Three straight SEC East titles. Richt never did that. Nobody has since Steve Spurrier was at Florida. Spurrier didn’t win his national title at Florida until his seventh year at the age of 50.

Swinney needed eight full seasons to win his first national title at Clemson at the age of 47.

When Saban was 44, he was in his first season as Michigan State’s head coach en route to a 6-5-1 record and a loss to Gerry DiNardo’s LSU team in the Independence Bowl.

Saban, in fact, didn’t even win a bowl game as a head coach until he was 49 years old at LSU. The Tigers won the national title Saban’s fourth year as head coach in 2003, when he was 52.

Smart has already accomplished more than any of those coaches did at the same age, and only four years into this HC careers.

Any UGA fan who can't see where this program is, and is headed too, needs to give CFB fandom up. That's just not healthy....

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for mentioning this. I think I heard the segment you're referring to. The one I'm thinking of started by quoting a text or tweet or something. Thing sounded like it came from some bitter Tech or Florida fan, and made it seem like Smart had never beaten a quality opponent. And the guys on the air just went right along with it. Couldn't believe what I was hearing.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby versus Richt....I don't know about anyone else but I've moved way beyond that...If he's to be known as a great coach he is going to have to compete against Saban and Dabo