Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former NFL Super Bowl scout: Jake Fromm 'more than ready' for NFL

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageFormer NFL Super Bowl scout: Jake Fromm 'more than ready' for NFL

Senior Bowl executive director and former NFL scout Jim Nagy was at first like most everyone when it came to Jake Fromm’s decision to leave Georgia and turn pro after his junior season. But the film doesn't lie, and Nagy -- a scout with six Super Bowl teams during his 18 years in the NFL -- is among the best at

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

DGD...best of luck, Jake!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tim Edell left one word out of his response in the article.....The word is “potentially “. Fromm was protected by ‘potentially’ a great OL. I’m not convince that our OL played up to their potential. In fact, I believe we had great players who were mediocrely coached. I loved Sam Pittman and he could certainly recruit, but Matt Luke will likely be much better as an on field coach. In fact, several sportswriters commented that our (back-up) OL in the Sugar Bowl played better than the 1st team did in the last half of the season. Maybe that’s part of the reason (along with the WR chaos) that Fromm didn’t look great in the last 6 games. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good Luck Jake -- Let me know if you need help with your finances. LOL

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

The main problem with our O-line was the simplistic offense and play-calling. 5 guys seldom can handle 8.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For all the stars around the O-Line, somebody didn't coach them up. Expect Luke to do more with less perhaps.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Fromm>>>>>>>>Murray.  We didn’t even have a draftable grade on Murray.

Jim Nagy, Not a draftable grade? What? How is that possible? I am literally stunned by that statement. I must admit I thought he would have made the Chiefs roster as a very valuable backup when they drafted him.

Great to read some good news about Jake's pro potential. I selfishly wished he had stayed so we could see him with these new receivers and Pickens for another year in addition to Beck and Mathis having a whole year to watch Jake prepare so they'll be ready to play in 20201. Hopefully Newman can help those guys. I'm not doubting Newman, I only know of his game through YouTube hi-lites. I saw all of Jakes's games.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I totally agree about the O-line. For whatever reason they didn't seem to improve in 2019 despite returning every starter save one. They were good but not great. I believe coach Luke will get that fixed in 2020...

Best of luck to Jake Fromm.

• Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i for one will miss Fromm and I think he’ll do really good at the next level. His accuracy is second to none. Good luck Jake see you on Sundays.

• Options
    traildawg51traildawg51 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

When it comes to the O-line, if you have more rushers than blockers, you are not going to look very good. There were several issues with the offense last year but I lay the blame on the OC not being able to scheme to our strength. Just my opinion.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pittman wanted road graders and once he got them that's all they knew. Anyone would be hard pressed to find a less athletic OL than the Dawgs the past two years. The first thing Luke said when he came on board was l we've got to be more athletic. Amen, brother!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He also said “the O-Line had to play faster”!

I think the energy Luke brings to this O-line is going to make a world of difference in their production.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Amazing.....now he is going to be the next Drew Brees.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

He will go and make a great NFL QB

OR

He will go and fall on his face

Who gives a darn?

I am a UGA fan and want to see another National title in my life time and he sure as heck didn't deliver that …… I am more curious about UGAs next Qb than I am about what Fromm or Eason will do in the NFl or how many tds Fields throws and runs for at Ohio St