Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Love and hate to see it: Georgia football to open 2021 season against Clemson

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageLove and hate to see it: Georgia football to open 2021 season against Clemson

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Love and hate to see it: Georgia football to start 2021 season against Clemson In the past, we've done this

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA should of insisted AU repay the home game to us and have back to back home games. This would of fixed the problem of the odd years of home games being garbage.

• Options
    SouthpawDawgSouthpawDawg Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Hate to see:Not only are these games not in Sanford, but season ticket holders have to now pay extra/ apply to get seats at other venues

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RxDawg I agree. Also I wish the UGA / uf game was played home-n-away. That would go a long way towards fixing UGA's home schedule. But unfortunately the powers to be have sold their soul for the almighty dollar so that will never happen.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate to see: With the loss of a home game we also lose a coveted recruiting weekend, but hopefully the top recruits would have picked a better home game than San Jose State......and we will gain great national exposure and the recruits will be watching.

Love to see: We had 3 terrible out of conference games along with GT. The good news is the playoff selection committee will see that we upgraded our schedule and hopefully that will give us extra “brownie points”. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kconnorriley Don't count out a chance for Kirby to bring in another transfer QB for 2021. We won't know what the strength of our QBs are until they start and play games, but Kirby will know and if he isn't set on Mathis or Beck I believe he'll go with a transfer if he can. I doubt he goes with BV in this game if he can avoid it.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a win-win. Both teams will benefit from this new scheduling. The buyout cost is high but the rewards of national tv exposure more than worth the move. I am ambivalent about neutral playing site,l however. No home advantage for either team, yet the crowds are left sort of out of it at least between the Hedges. Let's see how it plays out. Talk about branding...! This will kick it up a notch.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Vandergriff does not redshirt then Mathis and Beck were highly over rated. If things go well, then Vandergriff won't start until he's a junior. I know high school QB's are more advanced now than say 20 years ago but there's no way he should beat out two other highly touted QB's who's already on campus going through practices. If he does, then we have our Tagovailoa or Lawrence or another Fromm.

I love the fact that we're playing Clemson. Both teams will have to be ready play and that game will serve both teams well regardless of the outcome. If it's close throughout, I can see the loser dropping only one spot in the rankings.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate to see: A photo of Danny Weurffel inserted in the Brock Vandagriff video. Vandagriff is saying that his parents named hom after a guy playing quarterback for the Miami Dolphins, and there is a picture of Weurfful in a UF uniform rolled into the video.

I was stumped. By the picture, and the fact that I didn't remember a Brock playing QB for the Dolphins at the time he would have been unborn or a baby. I Wikipedia'd and Google'd it. It had to be Brock Berlin playing for the Miami Hurricanes in 2003.

I obviously overthought this. I need a hobby.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Short ride from Clemson to Charlotte, another hour longer from Athens to Charlotte.

• Options
    MGMHollywoodDawgMGMHollywoodDawg Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Nice subject to cover; however, it would be appreciated if more of your writers would learn to properly write a complete sentence in their articles and not fragments. I dislike being critical, but it's a shame these days to see so many "professional" writers who have sadly adopted the "write as one speaks" form of journalism. It's awful.

"If that were to happen it would somehow add some extra spice onto what should be one of the hottest games of the 2021 season. Which is not something that has ever been said about any football game played in Charlotte, N.C."

These are not two separate sentences with complete thoughts. You either place a comma after "2021 season", or you insert a period after "season", and then complete your sentence leaving out "which" and begin your sentence with "It is not something...."

Sigh.