Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fifth UGA football staffer hired away by Arkansas coach Sam Pittman

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageFifth UGA football staffer hired away by Arkansas coach Sam Pittman

When former Georgia assistant Sam Pittman left for Arkansas after the Sugar Bowl, he ended up taking part of the Bulldogs with him. The number of departing Georgia staffers for Arkansas rose to five on Thursday when Fernando Velasco announced that he had accepted a job offer from Pittman to be the Razorbacks’

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for your time, and best of luck Fernando! You're a DGD!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck DGD!

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 2020

I wish those guys well including Sam Pittman but change could be good for both sides and I really like Matt Luke because of his passion and I'm eager to see what Todd Monken can do with all that talent. I know Kirby wants to win by committee but sometimes it just takes a special impactful player to get you over the hump and I hope Todd Monken has an eye for that kind of player and ride him all the way!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's rather amusing that Pittman's grand "strategy" is to just hire people that he knows. To me, it seems very short-sighted and not exactly inspiring. I'm guessing that he doesn't have too successful of a tenure there.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Because he's hiring from our staff. Seems pretty obvious to me.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats Fernando!

• Options
    ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

Marshal Malchow went to Texas A&M. The same thing happened last year when Mel Tucker left. It's price you pay for having a successful program ! Go Dawgs

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Five UGA staffers, including Velasco, have been hired away from Pittman

By Pittman

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think what Pittman is doing is bad or unusual. Most coaches, especially first-time head coaches, hire people that they are familiar with, and likely from the place they just left. When Kirby came to UGA, he brought a few Alabama staffers with him, most notably Mel Tucker. He tried to hire at least one more that I know of, and maybe more. Coaches looking to move up in the profession often get a chance to do it when a former fellow assistant coach at one school gets a head coaching gig at another school and is looking for people he can work with. More power to them. I don't think Kriby is worried at all. He's been on both sides of the equation. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am not a member of the Pittman fan base at all...but he can hire whomever he wishes. If the hired believe they will beat the Dawgs by hiring on with the old glad-handed back slapper...we don't need them. They will be eating each others porridge come game day with the Dawgs. Bank it!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good luck to you.

• Options
    CrushmoreCrushmore Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Get your paper Bro! D@mn Good Dawg!

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Arkansas - the state also known as 'thank Jesus for Wal-Mart.' Fayetteville was so notoriously difficult to get into on football game days that it was called Fayette-Nam. Will he turn the Arkansas program around? We'll see.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck Mr. Velasco..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pittman will not be a head coach in four years.