Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Opinion: The gap between the SEC and most other conferences is widening

SystemSystem Posts: 10,698 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageOpinion: The gap between the SEC and most other conferences is widening

If you haven’t followed former Georgia defensive coordinator Mel Tucker’s career since he left UGA you’ve missed a lot. Tucker has recently taken quite the climb up the professional ladder, but his ascent is also a reminder of how far one of the so-called Power Five conferences has fallen. Tucker spent 2019 as

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dang, B.A.! Shots fired!

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

A lot of the pearl clutchers ignored the fact that MSU also doubled his staff pay pool. Now who the world could ever look at people who work for you and tell them you just turned down a doubling of their salary?

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

.....I've never been to Michigan but I have spent a lot of time in Boulder...It's simply not a college football town....I know that Tucker had to be shocked after spending some time in Boulder and seeing that the fan base simply wasn't there...But anyway...I think it ebbs and flows.....also.... predict that in the future, we might not even have conferences...at least not he way they are structured today

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The SEC just means more!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So true, Brandon, so true! Take the top 4 from SEC vs top 4 from the rest of college football and it very likely would SEC vs SEC in the championship game year in and year out.

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Even though comparing an assistant job at one of the highest SEC football programs to one of the worst Pac 12 programs isn't exactly telling, it is true that every conference shouldn't automatically get a bid to the CFP's, which is why there's a need for at least an eight team playoff, which will happen as soon as there is a conference of the PF that get left out of the party a couple of times.

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Great read Brandon

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen Brandon! Couldn't agree more...now just make sure the CFP Committee feels the same way.

I honestly can't fault Clemson too much for their lousy conference, but Dabo DOES need to play more regular tougher non-conference games. I think he realizes the flak he gets for their cupcake schedule, and that's probably one of the BIG reasons he scheduled the game against the Dawgs in 2021. And after going 0-3 in the CFP, Oklahoma needs to PROVE they belong there instead of getting a seemingly automatic berth as soon as a spot opens up.