Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

ESPN makes suprising choice for Georgia football's biggest 'obstacle' on 2020 schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 11,081 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageESPN makes suprising choice for Georgia football's biggest 'obstacle' on 2020 schedule

Georgia opens the 2020 season against Virginia in Atlanta. It hosts Auburn and Tennessee, two SEC teams who seem to be on the rise. It also makes a trip to Tuscaloosa, Ala., on Sept. 19 to take on Alabama in what is sure to be on the biggest games of the college football season. But none of those games present as big

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Conner, what is surprising is that you are surprised by ESPN's prediction. Florida, without a doubt is indeed THE biggest obstacle to UGA making the playoffs. I will take this one step further, it is likely UGA beats everyone on the schedule, including BAMA, and we don't make the playoffs with a loss to Florida. IMO, beating Florida is job #1 EVERY YEAR. How many times has UGA or Florida made the playoffs without beating the other? The math is easy.....Zero!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This year the Gator hype is off the charts. UGA is more than prepared for the challenge. UGA will likely beat Bama and Florida and reach the playoffs. Kirby is working tirelessly to this end. He has the player talent and coaching to win it all. I just have this gut feeling....UGA will take the SEC and playoffs by storm. Look at the stable of talent Kirby has to draw from...top defense, much more flexible run-pass-option offense moved by backs who will continue to earn UGA the peerless moniker...RBU! I see Pickens an All American...1st Team. "To the House" will become a routine phrase this season! If there was ever a year of THE DAWGS, this is it....!

I hope you can call up the imagery as I have......what a juggernaut...GO DAWGS!!!

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah Florida is always a tough one. But with all the bulletin board material Florida keeps pumping out, kirby will have them ready.

I'm more worried about kirby getting all nostalgic in Tuscaloosa. You couldn't really blame him, same with Cochran. To spend YEARS at a place like that, have success like they did in that stadium, it wouldn't shock me if they get a little emotional going into that game. That's the part that no one is paying attention to, the fact this will be kirby's first trip back there since 2015. Thoughts??

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think our toughest game will be the 3rd time we play Bama next year. If we lose to Bama in the 4th game of the season (and run the table), we will likely have a rematch with the Tide in the SEC CG. If we win the rematch we are likely going to be the 3rd seed in the playoffs. Bama would probably be 4th with a 12-1 record and 1-1 vs UGa. Bama knocks off Clemson and we beat Fields and his Buckeyes.......Thus setting-up a 3rd game with the Tide which will be the biggest game of the season. OK, lots of “ifs”, but not impossible and fun to dream. Go Dawgs!!!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All Trask has proven is that he is less mediocre than Emery Jones. Mullen will have his usual three losses this year, UGA, LSU, and maybe TN.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We better not overlook anyone! Remember the South Carolina game last year? Yeah, that was sad, wasn't it? Don't want to ever feel like that again, or at least not for a looooooooong time! We better get after it during these practices, and have ourselves prepared for the tough season ahead.

GATA DAWGS!

GO DAWGS!

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

When has Florida not been the first hurdle to consider? Can't stand them.

• GBALGBAL Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any team can get beat by any other team if they turn the ball over(see South Carolina game) but I don't think UF has our talent level or coaching level.