Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia basketball falls in regular-season finale at LSU, Anthony Edwards struggles

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia basketball falls in regular-season finale at LSU, Anthony Edwards struggles

Georgia freshman Anthony Edwards met his match at LSU, and the Bulldogs tumbled against the hot-shooting Tigers in a lopsided affair

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have to think that Mr. Edwards would better serve himself to stay at UGA and learn more, but I think he will make the mistake of going ahead to the NBA. My question is if he were to stay one more year, could he then go to the NBA, or is there a "rule" that restricts that option to juniors and seniors?

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thank god that is over with....of course Georgia still has one more loss to go this season in Nashville

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Two year record for Crean is 26-36. So much for putting UGA Basketball on the map. Fox stunk, but at least they won a few games. Ant Man didn't make much of a difference IMO. In fact, Crean relied on him too much. No big surprise, but fools gold for another McGarity hire.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Basketball is a hard sport and the fact that the SEC and ACC will only get 4 teams each into the big dance just goes to show how difficult it is to be good. If I were advising Anthony Edwards I would tell him to stay one more season in college. He needs the extra year to grow and improve his game. He is just 18 after all. Probably won’t happen I know. The lure of the NBA is just too strong. But he is a fine young man and it would do him a world of good to stay one more year in Athens. He seems like a fine young man and I wish him wish him nothing but the best.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

With Edwards...no doubt the talent is there...one of the best to come along in years....However I do question his dedication and leadership skills...he'll be a lottery pick but I still think there is a larger than average risk in drafting him this high

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To lose by 30 pts???? Not sure what Crean should do..stick with UGA BB or leave. He just does not seem to know how to put this team together for a winning series of games. Edwards cannot play alone. A lot of young men running around the court at times not knowing what to do? Best wishes against Mizzou in the SEC. Then on to next year.