Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia quarterback Jamie Newman 'will bring a different dynamic, just like Justin Fields'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,447 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia quarterback Jamie Newman 'will bring a different dynamic, just like Justin Fields'

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart made it clear Jamie Newman was a priority as soon as Jake Fromm announced he was leaving, numbers and player testimony explain why

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't wait to see Newman slinging it Between The Hedges. Go Dogs!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Newman does a great job for us but please tell me it’s not going to be 10 months of comparing Newman to a person, who’s name I’m not going to mention, who quit on us. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    HuckleberryHuckleberry Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Newman has a good season we will win the East. If he has a very good season we will make the playoffs. I hate to put that kind of pressure on him but the facts are facts. If he doesn't play well we will have to turn to somebody that is totally unproven. Who would that be? The guys behind him are all pretty much even and will have to establish a pecking order as spring practice and the summer go by. I don't think we have to score 45 points a game to beat the teams on our schedule. Our defense should be able to keep other teams in check. The Alabama game early in the season will really tell us what we have. It is going to be a war.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just don't give a **** what Fields has done or will do at Ohio unless we are playing them and then I hope he falls on his face and throws 17 interception and fumbles twice ……. Why are we talking about Fields on whats suppose to be a UGA site ….. what next what if Aaron Murray could still play or what if Zier would come along 20 years later or maybe what if Tebow would be the QB at UGA right now

Who gives a **** about what ifs

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think the key will be how the offense works as a unit and how plays are called. If we stick with the  run it even if there are eight defenders in the box philosophy, it will limit Newman's ability to make things happen. A mobile QB and talented receivers give us lots of options, and, while I don't want to leave our backs out in the cold, I hope we stretch the field and create the opportunities that our playmakers will be able to exploit.