Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mel Kiper Jr. calls Jake Fromm 3rd round pick, Fromm calls turkeys for ESPN

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageMel Kiper Jr. calls Jake Fromm 3rd round pick, Fromm calls turkeys for ESPN

Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm had some fun calling turkeys on ESPN, getting a little silly even as draft analysts continue to question his arm strength

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fromm is a a DGD and I wish him luck! I will always remember is performance against the gators this past season. He and Cager made the vaunted gator defense look downright inept.

Go Dogs!!!!

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish this young man only the best going forward. I think that it is kind of amazing considering that this particular QB1 was dubbed a "game manager" by certain media types while he was the starter at Georgia. He was what stood between being the QB1, versus being the back up (QB2) which ended in not only one, but two consecutive former five star rated HS QB's leaving Georgia for other programs in order to be the QB1 somewhere else. Those individuals did not have to leave, they chose to leave. Jake Fromm is now (and always will be) a DGD forever!!! Demonstrating a humble (like Herschel Walker was long ago) personaility is also such a great thing to see. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake will land where he is supposed to. I'd like to see him at the Bay but who knows. He can stengthen his arm for the NFL. However, his turkey-calling ability just may make the difference...lololol

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Arm strength is so over rated. The questions is can he throw a 20 yard out-route on a rope? Yes, he can and we know he can throw slants. QB's just don't throw 65 yard passes where you need a strong arm. We saw him throw a deep ball very well as a freshman against Bama. Jameis Winston has a very strong arm and with 5 years of NFL starting experience is unemployed because of his decision making. Enough with the arm strength. I wish him well but please don't get drafted by the Aints. Preferably no team in the NFC South.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Give Jake a chance, Matt Ryan has had a pretty good career for the Atlanta Falcons, he can't run worth a lick. and his arm strength is only so- so.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How many deep throws over 40 yards does Matty Ice make every year? Count em on one hand.