Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

VIETNAM VETERANS DAY

AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Today is Vietnam Veterans Day. A shoutout to my fellow Vietnam Veterans, although there might not be too many of us on DAWGNATION because you have to be ancient to qualify.

Comments

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you for your service.

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen. Thank you for everything.

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thankful for all for your service!

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My dad served in Vietnam. I never served. I can't put my words together well enough to thank my dad for his service. I'm

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

As others have stated @AndersonDawg .....

Thank you for your service, especially during a thankless time for our military personnel.

• imagadawg62imagadawg62 Posts: 56 ✭✭ Sophomore

Salute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you all for your service

• dawgdude65dawgdude65 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

God bless all you guys who put it on the line for all of us. Thank you.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Much thanks. Thank you for laying it on the line for us.

Sorry for the ignorant bs upon coming home.

• ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Many Thanks to the Vietnam vets and all who have served.

Many of you may not be aware that an important link to home that has served our overseas servicemen and women is in danger of being lost. Stars and Stripes is a military newspaper that has been partially funded by the Department of Defense. Its history goes back as far as the Civil War.

The current funding is $15 million dollars per year, which seems small in the days of Trillion dollar budget deficits. Yet, DOD has submitted a budget to cut off funding. The funding goes to print the paper overseas and distribute it to our troops. The news coverage is unique in that it is geared towards news that is of particular interest to those serving in the military. Stripes generates the rest of their funding via subscriptions and ads. Active Duty soldiers do not pay anything for access to the paper. Most of the subscribers are Vets, including many Vietnam Vets. If you would like to check it out, go to www.stripes.com.

In the past John McCain and other Vets in Congress were strong advocates for the paper when it faced cuts. If you see the need to our Troops in the field to stay connected and have access to quality journalism, please write your Congressman and Senators and ask them to make sure this funding continues.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you all for your service....