Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

April Fools Jokes

Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just told my 9y.o daughter that I received a text from the school system stating all public schools aren't starting back til year 2025. I told her that she and all her friends will now be in their 20's before graduating. Her face showed alot of excitement followed by being confused as hell. Before she got too sad, I had to throw the old "April Fools!" on her.

Gotta find a way to get my wife now.

Comments

• HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2020

I faked an email from sons's school saying that spring break had been cancelled due to inclement weather make up days and showed it to my son. I let him cry for about 3 minutes before breaking out the April Fools...he still doesn't speak to me to this day....but I got him good so it was worth it!

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good for everyone in here being able to think of something for an April fool's joke. Yesterday, with all of the very sad, and somber worldwide news being everywhere??? I tried and tried to think of something to play on either my wife, or my kids and I just couldn't think of anything at all. Yesterday, I believe that I had a case of the covid-19 blues. Today however is a new day!!! I think I'll just brighten myself right up by starting the day out right!!!! I will simply HATE THE GAYTURS!!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A long time ago I had a buddy that had a sandblasting company. He had these high powered compressed air hoses. It would spit out some major air if you pressed the nozzle. Well back in those days I smoked cigarettes (not my finest habit), so I took a cigarette and put the filter up to the air hose. When I pressed the nozzle into it it blew out every bit of tobacco clean out and left nothing but an empty shell of filter and paper. It still looked like a perfectly good cigarette though, so I thought I'd hang onto it. The next day my buddy asked to bum a smoke so obviously I gave him the empty one. When he put a flame to it, the entire thing burst into flames and the paper just burned completely up. Needless to say, we both got a good laugh out of that one.

• dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My best friend/roommate works nights, when he woke up yesterday i told him that his fiances mom had come and borrowed his truck. He can't stand her and would never ever loan her his truck. As he is ranting and raving i handed him a beer and said april fool's it's on the other side of the apartment complex. We had a big laugh, but then i felt like the fool when i drove him around to his truck and it was running, i left it running for almost 6 solid hours!

• SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Thanks!

Maybe of Brasstown Bald, but somebody somewhere has a better view of it and all views are in the eye of the beholder. Some folks prefer Big City skylines.......but that's not me..😉

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can. I have a view of a volcano. That said, after having lugged backpacks up many of those mountains, have to say that I miss them and that's a great view. Thanks for sharing.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we bout to win 3 or 4 ncs n the next 5 -9 yrs