Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia QB Jake Fromm identifies deep ball issue -- it's not his arm

SystemSystem Posts: 10,488 admin
edited April 2020 in Article commenting

imageFormer Georgia QB Jake Fromm identifies deep ball issue -- it's not his arm

Former Georgia QB Jake Fromm is working hard to improve his deep ball throwing accuracy, and he believes he has found the root of the problem

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck Jake. Go Dawgs

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just dropping in to tell all in DawgNation I hope you and your loved ones are all safe and well. Hopefully we’ll be turning a corner soon and things will be back to normal for everyone. Good luck Jake! DGD! Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Feet, makes sense, it all starts with your feet. Good luck Jake.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Indeed... throwing off your front foot, for example, reduces arm power substantially. That's okay for certain routes like screens and slants, where the QB needs to take a little mustard off of those throws and add more touch. But on longer routes, that's a recipe for reduced velocity (leading to under-throws and/or perceived lack of arm strength). I hope he does get it right... and has people eating crow once again.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow. Everyone knew this and he is just now figuring it out? Good luck in the draft Jake.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing new here. Never really an arm issue with Jake...feet. We discussed this many times on DawgNation. Good that Jake himself now has Identified the problem. He will get the help he needs and be a great NFL QB over time. Our best to you, Jake.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

I didn’t see the combine workout, did Jake continue to spin the ball in his left hand before throwing it?

• Options
    LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Well Jake....I love ya to death my guy...but I really wish you hadn't talked about your freedom to change plays last year. You may have answered the critics somewhat about your lack of arm strength with your feet answer but also created another issue I think. The offense last year was pretty mundane and uneventful at best, it was his worst year at QB and you now tell everyone that YOU were in charge out there with the freedom to change plays including doing the opposite of what play the coach called?? No Jake..No No No. Your one major strength was actually BEING a game manager and your superior processing ability, etc, etc...But now you just put DOUBT on that strength as well. Not good Jake, not good at all. I hope you have a great career in the NFL but I just wish you had not put that out there before the draft. Hope it doesn't hurt your draft stock even more.

I will be honest I never really thought you WANTED o play in the NFL. I always thought you would stay in GA and work a normal job and go fishing and hunting everyday. Because I assumed your most important things were God and family you wouldnt chase the NFL dream. BUT that doesnt mean I dont want you to do it either.lol Its just what I thought.

You are still a DGD for life and i am very proud you were my QB for my DAWGS!! GOOD LUCK!!

GO DAWGS!!