Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jermaine Burton: Why Georgia's next great WR wanted to come home

SystemSystem Posts: 10,652 admin
edited April 2020 in Article commenting

imageJermaine Burton: Why Georgia's next great WR wanted to come home

Jermaine Burton signed with Georgia in the 2020 recruiting cycle. He's expected to get a good look for early playing time in the upcoming season. Why so early? Why did he flip from LSU? We share his thoughts on both fronts.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Family matters.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I didn't think we would get Burton. Usually a player who transfers around so much will continue that pattern in college, but given his reasoning for choosing UGA I don't think he will leave. The ties to his family, the business school and the opportunities to build a career are too great here.

I can't wait to see him on the field.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's Great to be a Georgia Bulldog!!!!

Go Dogs!!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You look closely at these promo videos. I will call Jermaine "the Natural" wide receiver...naturally gifted receiver...hands and eyes that look for the ball spontaneously. He can also jump, read the defense quickly and explosively shoot the slot. Incredibly quick. UGA Great WR Terrence Edwards has also been training him for years. Only noted two defenders that stayed with Jermaine open field. Neither could actually catch him. He has 4.4 sec 40-yd speed. He is also concerned with academics.....UGA in top 4 business schools in country. Jermaine is all about family and being home in GA so they can attend games. I like this kid. Very good addition to the UGA WR room. Will result in immediate benefits to the renewed receiver status. GO DAWGS!!!