Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What the de-commitment of the nation's No. 1 recruit means for Georgia football recruiting

SystemSystem Posts: 11,080 admin
edited April 2020 in Article commenting

imageWhat the de-commitment of the nation's No. 1 recruit means for Georgia football recruiting

The No. 1 overall recruit in the 247Sports Composite rankings is once again an uncommitted prospect, as 5-star defensive end Korey Foreman backed off his pledge to Clemson. This is significant for a number of reasons. Foreman becomes Clemson's first de-commitment since the 2017 cycle and the first since former

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope we get a really good shot at him. We need some big fast DL. Him and Maason Smith have went on to say they'd play together at the next level, that is what UGA DL dreams are made of. I wish him the best at wherever he picks. And if he's looking for a team that needs him, we definitely do. And Mr cool breeze swinney won't let commitments visit, that would stop me from committing to him in the 1st place. Even no-bull Saban isn't that much of a pompous.

• 404ramen404ramen Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

The amount of typos that consistently appear in these blogs is staggering...

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

This kid has trouble written all over him.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

This kid has just what UGA needs - more fire power on the D-line

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, it doesn't mean much (as the article mentions) as he was forced to do so if he wanted to even visit other schools. Could be something as simple as his Mama wanting him to visit a few schools before fully committing.

My initial reaction was "wow, we should see what Clemson is doing that's different" but then it hit me that it's really based on your definition of "commitment". I could be wrong, but I believe most schools like Georgia simply allow you to wake up one day and post on Twitter that you are now "committed" to a school and change your mind at any time. Clemson, I'd imagine, tells their potential recruits they can't do that. They probably indicate that it has to be an in-person decision, you need your parents approval, yada-yada and so there are likely a whole ton of kids that normally would've "committed" early to Clemson that are going to wait until they are 100% sure and wind up committing elsewhere.

Honestly, I don't disagree with this approach and probably would have a similar philosophy if I were coach. These tweets and quick pickups are lots of fun as a fan, but if I'm building my team then I want to know who is REALLY on the team and start planning ahead. Don't tell me you want to play for us until you are ready to go all in with us.

In the end, all you have to do is look at final ratings which is about as "final" as you can get in this Transfer era. 2020, we were #1 in 247 and Clemson was #3. 2019 we were #2 and Clemson was #10. 2018 we were #1 and Clemson was #7. That tells you what you need to know.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2020

Clemson is not immune to de-commits.. Unlike a yearly tough schedule, which Clemson is highly immune to. Easy to be #1 when your conference has no other top 25 teams. Virginia HAHAHA a token ranking, nothing more. Was done to make the acc title game a battle between ranked opponents, same as the other Power 4 conferences. Not a good look when your top team plays an unranked team in a Title game..

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My Sainted Ma always said: "Don't take down the wash til it's dry." Same with recruits. Until you see their John Hancock on the contract..they do not yet wear the "G". UGA knows this well....one reason they hype the scholarshiped commits so much...keeping their interest high. Some commits you can tell are all in for UGA...such as Brock Vandagriff. Committed early and strong. He will be a fantastic QB for the Dawgs and will be a starter in his sophomore if not freshman year. This five-star commit is one of the best I have seen. His signing will be a true Dawg Day.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nkemdiche, and his brother both are head cases. Anybody so **** that they roll out a hotel window, their personal elevator does not go to the top floor. I'm so glad the Dawgs didn't have to deal with those two. They were a perfect fit at Old Mess during the Hugh Freeze era.