Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

D'Andre Swift, Mecole Hardman respond to Swift's first-round 2020 NFL Draft snub

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited April 2020 in Article commenting

imageD'Andre Swift, Mecole Hardman respond to Swift's first-round 2020 NFL Draft snub

Georgia tailback D'Andre Swift was clearly upset not to be picked in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft, and Mecole Hardman was also surprised

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm a big fan of Swift but it simply isn't true that he was "almost universally considered the No1 back". In fact there were a lot of varying opinions of all of the top RB's in this class. Many mock drafts had Taylor rated higher. It matters for his pay check, but in the end, he will will have every chance to prove he's the best. Almost the reverse of Thomas who was generally rated 3-4 in the OT class but went highest.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Swift will certainly get a shot at his dream of playing in the NFL, and I believe his dream will come true today (Friday).

Best of luck, DS!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would have to believe that the injuries through Swifts time at UGA kept him out of the first round.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe Miami with the 7th pick in round 2.

• Options
    AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Instead of Swift, the Falcons pick a Clemson DB who got torched by LSU? I just don’t see it.

• Options
    nickpnickp Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

I love D’andre Swift! One of the best RB’s in the draft but NFL teams have gone away from picking them high in the draft

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jamar Chase can torch anybody.

• Options

Be different if other backs were chosen ahead of him , only one and he is a good one. Swift should go in the first 7-8 picks tonite. Still going to make a boatload of money and have a great career! All is not lost.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unreal..Some team will get a helluva RB, hang tough Mr. Swift, your time to shine is in the near future..GoDAWGS! Easily the best RB in the draft.. Teams will regret not drafting this young man.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would have taken Chaisson, but that's just me.

• Options

"Jamar Chase can torch anyone" got 2 votes down? He'll be the number 1 receiver next year in the first round. Shows how little you know.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A pragmatic look at Swift snub is this: "There had been some speculation Swift might slip out of the first round on account of only a few teams needing a running back." It was ovious teams were not after backs. Thomas and Wilson went as predicted. Thomas quite high 4th pick. Wilson 29th. UGA doing well in the draft. Swift hopefully will go round two. He is one of the best RBs... UGA RBU has ever produced!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wasn't totally surprised that Swift wasn't taken in the first round, but I was absolutely shocked that the LSU running back was drafted ahead of him, in the first round, no less. That tells me one of two things -- that the NFL just doesn't view Swift like we do or that something came up in the research (injuries, bad combine, something) that made teams not want to pay him first-round money). But, as his father is quick to quote Scripture, here's another for him to consider now from Romans 8:28 (All things work together for the good, to them who love God who are the called, according to His purpose). So take heart, D'Andre. This is STILL the day that the Lord hath made and you should STILL rejoice and be glad in it. Go Dawgs!