Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Les Miles says season to start in fall, SEC expert declares no fans in stands

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageLes Miles says season to start in fall, SEC expert declares no fans in stands

College football future remains a blur, but Georgia athletic leaders preparing for everything as experts speak out and government leaders take action

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not sure what to say to this aside from I hope everything stated in this article other than we are playing SEC football in the fall is incorrect. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    traildawg51traildawg51 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't think people have a clue what is actually going to happen this fall. I am optimistic that we will have SEC football, not so much about fans in the stands. I generally fall on the side of open the country back up and let people decide for themselves how to manage their individual safety and security. It is not an easy problem to solve but I will always err on the side of personal liberty and freedom, 'cause I am and always will be a DAWG!!

• Options
    DAWGS34DAWGS34 Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

I hope there are fans in the stands this fall however, if not then I think there should be faux roars and cheers dubbed on the tv just like you have the fake laughter on sitcoms. Perhaps Hairy Dawg could skype in from his house donning a UGA face mask and dancing around and doing push-ups could be aired as well. Even better, coaches should have to coach from home via Skype. I mean there are endless possibilities here! Let’s consider also that every player has to wear an N-95 mask under the helmet. The NCAA can create a rule that if a player is not wearing said mask then a 15 yard penalty will be applied. Also, every player has to wash their hands in between plays.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike: "Much of what happens is beyond the individual universities’ control, with federal and state leadership influencing each decision." I guess the virus is still in control from the tone of this article. UGA Pres., Jere Morehead, says we will have a normal football season. SEC Commish Sankey has left the "door open" for a football season even if all conferences are not on board. Other teams outside the SEC are also beginning to add their voices to "play ball." Fans lor no fans is also still aloft and not decided. Too early yet to make a call on a season opener but plans are definitely being made behind closed doors. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I can't help but wonder how much longer people will accept the "sheep" treatment from our elected (and in some cases, un-elected) public employees.

• Options
    volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So I thought this would be a good place to share what I was thinking today. If we start the season without fans in the stadiums, are we going to continue that way for the whole season? Wouldn't it be an advantage to some teams if we allow fans in the stadiums halfway through the season? Wouldn't some teams have more home games the 2nd half of the season? It is an advantage to have home crowds, right? Maybe I'm over thinking this. Any thoughts?