Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN lays out 3 big questions Georgia football must answer to be a national title contender

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageESPN lays out 3 big questions Georgia football must answer to be a national title contender

The Georgia Bulldogs figure to have a very good team in the 2020 season, given the talent the Bulldogs bring back along with another elite recruiting class coming in. But the Bulldogs do have some questions that need to be answered if they're going to achieve their goals of winning the SEC and ultimately a national

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I get tired of the infatuation with "havoc rate". Is it good for a defense to disrupt plays in the backfield? Sure. But the game is won by preventing the other team from scoring points. Stopping a 3rd down pass play after 5 yards where 6 were needed for a first down does not fire people up as much as seeing a qb have his teeth rattled by a blitzing backer. But it accomplishes just as much. By leading the nation in scoring defense, the Dawg D did its job, better than any in the country. I love seeing sacks and tackles for loss as much as the next guy. But, given the choice, I'd rather see a goose egg on the opponent's side of the scoreboard, than everyone getting excited about Azeez and Nolan wreaking havoc.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I doubt seriously that JT will be a factor this season because he probably won’t get the waiver and likely won’t be 100% due to the ACL injury 9 months ago. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    RighteousRighteous Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

I agree with Popeye but we do still need more pass rush. At some point UGA needs to get a few 6-4 265 pound EDGE players instead of the 6-0 228 pound EDGE players.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ Junior

Connor: I hope your high school English teacher didn't see this. What you have identified are not questions. At least you did not put question marks after each item.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That ACL tear worries me...I do not believe Daniels can challenge Newman yet. Daniels is likely looking at 2021 against Vandagriff, Mathis and Beck.. Knees are tricky and often heal slowly. Smart knows how things stand with Daniels...we do not. Blaylock also has an ACL issue, so someone probably needs to step up and play opposite Pickens at WR. Now that players are heading for Athens....we should have a better picture by late summer or fall.