Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH 3 things: Georgia's powerful racial awareness video, D'Wan Mathis, O-Line

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageWATCH 3 things: Georgia's powerful racial awareness video, D'Wan Mathis, O-Line

ATHENS — Georgia football is two days from kicking off the voluntary workout sessions (June 8) amid these unprecedented COVID-19 times. It's safe to say the players are ready to get back at it. The Bulldogs are hungry to win a fourth-straight SEC East Division crown, another SEC championship and compete in the

Read the full story here

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hear you loud and clear. I will gladly do my part to end racism. The question I have for you or anyone listening is will you speak out against the Black LIves Matter agenda of abolishing and defunding police depts? If you can't, then that speaks volumes. Either you're being duped and don't understand the end game of the movement or you are a closet anarchist. Will you speak out against ANTIFA as it has been designated a terrorist group or do you think police should be **** with bricks and opposer's eyes be gouged out?

I'm asking do you hear me and millions more that believe that you don't end hate by more hate and you don't end violence with more violence. Where does that stop? Seriously? I hear you, now do you hear me?

And please don't label me as a racist if you can't address the argument against these hate groups. Hate groups on either side or wrong. I remember not too long ago a black senator labeled the Tea Party a terrorist group. Why? Because they burned stuff down? No. Because they attacked police officers? No. Because they threw water bottle or shot fireworks at police? No. They wanted congress to balance the budget. They supported the 2nd Amendment. My how things have changed.

The Liberal news media ran with this asinine idea and blew it up at every chance. Then they call the recent riots "peaceful protests".

Not sure they can be called peaceful when hundreds of millions of dollars in damage happened. Innocent people of color lost their jobs and livelihoods and will now have to go on unemployment , food-stamps and maybe even welfare. Hey! But at least you got your point across.I wouldn't want to see non-peaceful protest if that's the case.

I'm mad George Floyd was murdered, but getting rid of police depts. is a fools game. Your life matters to me, but not the organization. Can you hear me now? Coaches? Where do you stand? Are you anti-police? I know you are against police brutality. We all are. I don't know anyone who is "for" racism. But do you want to defund the Athens police dept? Are you for all the goals of the Black Lives Matter organization or are you against at least the goal of defunding police? I'm listening. Let's get it all out in the open.

Everyone is being asked to take a stand. So go ahead and man up.

• jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hear you! But, would everyone be as outraged if George Floyd was white? I would!!! It doesn't matter whether the officers have racist tendencies, what they did was wrong. Not that restraining a suspect was wrong, but once they have control they have an obligation for the safety of that suspect. Even if he had been resisting ( and I didn't notice any kind of high level resistance ), they should have been able to tell when his body relaxed, especially the officer on his neck and shoulders. At the very least, they are guilty of negligent homicide ( which in most states is 2nd degree murder ). These are just bad cops, whether or not they are racists. We all want bad cops gone. The only one of those four that I have some reluctance to charging with murder is the one that tried to stop the others, but they quickly quieted him and he didn't continue to resist his fellow officers. I am just tired of the media and some so-called civil rights groups calling a situation racist when there are other possibilities besides racism. Yes it could be racist, but it could be something else as well. But that doesn't fit the agendas of the media and those groups. If a white football player matches up with a black football player and the white player punches in the groin or gouges eyes, is he a racist? How about if the black player is the one using "dirty" tactics on the white player? Is he a racist? Or are they just "dirty" football players? We can't really know what is in their minds ( if asked, they probably won't tell the truth if they are racist ). We must judge them by their actions. What matters is that what they are doing is wrong. It would be wrong if both players were white, or if both were black. The same is true about the death of George Floyd. It was wrong no matter what the color of the individuals. All this furor is the result of the identity politics favored by the left. Assuming something is racist because black and white are involved is a form of racism in itself, whether the situation is white over black, or black over white. You can't end racism if you perpetuate it by being racist yourself in how you perceive any situation. I believe that all UGA fans are sickened by what happened to Mr. Floyd. We are also just as sickened by the deaths of black people killed by other black people in inner cities and elsewhere ( that do not make headlines in the media ). And, we are sickened by attacks on innocent police officers. We are sickened by rioting and looting and what it does to the people and businesses affected by that activity. I am sure that you were brought up, as I was, with the saying "two wrongs don't make a right." We are with you, and we hope that you are with us in those other matters. Black lives matter, brown lives matter, yellow lives matter, white lives matter, blue lives matter, ALL LIVES MATTER. The answer is simple. Each of us should respect the lives and property of others as we would want them to respect our life and property. You give respect to get it in return. "Do unto others as you would have them do to you". I am an old white guy who lives his life by that rule.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2020

I hate to use this forum to talk politics but it appears DN, our AD and Our Football program have gotten involved so the door is open hear for truth.

Our O-Line has more 5 Stars on it than any other position group. With Matt Luke as coach and this number of 5 stars, we will be just fine. The only position that is truly in question is QB.

This discussion has been closed.