Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football 'No-Name' defense narrative continues, Bulldogs snubbed again

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football 'No-Name' defense narrative continues, Bulldogs snubbed again

Georgia football had one of the best defenses in the nation last season, but the KIrby Smart's Bulldogs seem slow to get credit

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We'll just take wins, shut outs and high character players.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I understand Georgia coaches and players play with the team concept because there is no I in team. However, I think it is time for Kirby and his staff to start talking about how good the players on the team are, so they can get the recognition they deserve. Having one of the best team in the country and Georgia players get duked in the draft. I think we have a lot of players that can compete with players from Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and other schools who have players get drafted in the top half of the draft. Now Georgia had one of the best defense last year and only one player made first team...really!!!!

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Apparently rat poison is working for some of the top tier programs. Maybe Georgia needs some rat poison so they can win a championship. It has been since 1980.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Athlon who? Results. UGA produces results where it counts. I could care less about Athlon Magazine. Let's get ready for 2020! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

The click bait master Mike Griffith is at it again. Count the number of Dawgs on this list, folks. We have 5, more than any other school. So much for being snubbed.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

That doesn't trouble me one whit, that some college football snob publication has deemed my dawgs as unremarkable. The only thing that matters, far beyond all the hype, is when the cleats hit the game time turf. Reality matters.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is good news. The reason our individual players on this defense aren't recognized, with the exception being LeCounte, is because there are very few deficiencies at any one position. All of the fish in this pond are big; therefore, none of them look big. I am excited to see what our defense and this team is capable of in 2020 because all of the individuals on it are special. The NFL draft will prove these talking-heads wrong.

Can I get an amen?

Go Dawgs!