Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Shocking upsets have cut both ways for the Dawgs

SystemSystem Posts: 10,700 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageShocking upsets have cut both ways for the Dawgs

It’s the wins (and losses) that you don’t see coming that really stick in Georgia fans’ memories

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bill, all of the games you mentioned are worthy of some of the greatest upsets in Georgia history, but I have to believe that the upset of Texas in the 1984 Cotton Bowl has to be at the top of the list. Nobody gave us a shot of even hanging around with them beyond the 2nd quarter and because of our upset, it cost them their ultimate goal. Now as far as sec upsets, I agree with you about the 1985 beat down of the no. 1 ranked gators. A lot of good memories. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The 1976 game against the Gators, I had lost faith in the Dawgs at half time coming back from 14 points down. So, I went back into the woods that afternoon to bag a deer for the cooler. When I got back out of the woods I learned it was the Dawgs that ran wild the second half to win 41-27. I didn't have a VCR to tape the game, I missed the one deer I saw that day and missed the Dawgs stomping all over the Gators too.