Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Paul Finebaum 'one of the biggest Kirby Smart fans in the world'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Paul Finebaum 'one of the biggest Kirby Smart fans in the world'

ATHENS — Paul Finebaum’s knowledge and perspective on SEC football runs deep, so his thoughts on Georgia football and Kirby Smart should not be taken lightly. Indeed, the ESPN analyst and first man hired by the SEC Network has been covering the league since his days as a Tennessee student working at the Daily Beacon

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I completely agree with Finebaum on this subject. For me, Smart is the best, complete coach UGA has ever had. What he has done for the football program is fairly obvious but his impact on the entire University is profound. UGA is a nationally recognized name and now will be long after his tenure. Smart is the epitome of a DGD!

Blessings to Smart and his family. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have listened to Finebaum from time to time...depending on whom he is interviewing. This sort of sis-boom-bah commentary on Smart I have not heard before? But, I do not watch him that often. I do agree with his assessment of Coach Smart wholeheartedly. Smart is a brilliant coach and recruiter. Admittedly, he is still a bridesmaid when it comes to a Natty...but also agree with Finebaum, that in the next few years that trophy will grace the showcases of UGA sports memorabilia! Absolutely! Smart has taken UGA football to another level. His enthusiasm alone will lighten the darkest spirit. His expertise is now in with the best of the best. On and on. We of UGA are so fortunate to have this man ...he is the "real deal."

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Right now Kirby is the best recruiter in the country. His average recruiting ranking for the last four recruiting seasons is 1.75. Bama is seating at 2.25. Kirby is great recruiter no doubt, but not a great championship winning coach but that could change when he start beating the powers in the west (bama/lsu). If he beat those teams he can beat any team in the country and having Todd Monken as his OC, I like his chances. In 2011 @osu, Monken's offense beat every rank team (No. 8 Texas A&M, No. 22 Texas, No. 17 Kansas State, No.10 Oklahoma and No. 4 Stanford) on their schedule. This is why I like this hire alone with Matt Luke. High quality coaches in my opinion.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anybody that is down on Kirby is, to be kind, ignorant of what makes football the greatest team game there is. It takes some good fortune (luck) to win national championships. I think this is our breakout season, if there is a season. Then, there's always next year (even though my "next years" are getting fewer). I want to see multiple national championships before I go to that great stadium in the sky.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When he wins his first championship, look out because here comes the dynasty.