Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why Georgia football needs to continue play Georgia Tech, even after 2020 cancellation

SystemSystem Posts: 10,514 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageWhy Georgia football needs to continue play Georgia Tech, even after 2020 cancellation

Georgia and Georgia Tech will not play this season for the first time since 1924. Not that many Georgia fans seem all that upset about the development. Georgia and Georgia Tech seem to be going in opposite directions at the moment, with Georgia contending for national titles and Georgia Tech becoming one of the worst

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe tech can win six games and we can play them in the Peach Bowl at the end of the season as a warm up game before the SECCG or Playoff games since we're only playing 10 regular season games.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I thought it was pretty crappy for the SEC to decide SEC-only right after ACC decided to allow a +1 game. I'm sure I understand the "safety" theory of all of this as I doubt doing SEC-only is ANY safer, but you would think that a +1 In-state-only game would be as "safe" as you could get.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think the UGA-Tech game has run it's course. Time to move on.

• Options
    Nickelsonx1Nickelsonx1 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

No. Move on boomer

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am very glad we are not playing Tech this year! Mike Griffith schooled Connor Riley on this very subject on the last "Cover Four." Check it out, posted yesterday.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love the Georgia / Ga Tech rivalry, and hate it's not being played this year. I, for one, am thoroughly enjoying the dominance we have over them. What's not to like about that? It's Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate! They are our biggest in-state rival, and, of course, our punching bag! I love the 365 days a year bragging rights! Plus, the dominance over Tech will only help in our recruiting of in-state talent.

I hope we keep the Tech game, just as I hope we keep the Goobers game. I love beating these 2 teams more than any other!

TO HECK WITH TECH!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'll be glad if we can have a season