Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawgs fans can rest assured, there’ll be other years to wreck Tech

SystemSystem Posts: 10,449 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageDawgs fans can rest assured, there’ll be other years to wreck Tech

The Jackets may not be UGA’s biggest rival anymore, but there’s a reason it’s called ‘Hate Week’

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have to agree that it's always fun to stomp an opponent that you know hates your (collective) guts. Not sure why so many in these comments sections are eager to see that go away.

• Options
    DAWGS34DAWGS34 Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

I can’t say I care about not playing tech. I would equally not care if we didn’t play Florida at the “neutral” site in Jacksonville. Granted a potential four day weekend in any nearby island is always fun however I usually opt out and stay home and watch in the comforts of my home (which is closer to Jacksonville than Athens). Regarding tech, do we as a collective fan base really care about playing them simply because they are our “in state rival”? I know we are told we should care but do we really? Now, if we had to stop playing Auburn, then that would be much more upsetting to me. That is to say, I regard Auburn as a much more important game and I love the tradition of the game MUCH more than the in state tech game. In summation, I don’t care about tech and I don’t care about Jacksonville and we should use this temporary change as an avenue for a permanent change. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The tech game should stay on the schedule. I enjoy watching the nerds leave Sanford Stadium after we wreck tech. It’s also hilarious to hear their snobbish fans talk about the very few times they beat us. I just reply that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Go Dawgs!! Wreck tech!!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article, Bill! I love beating those yeller flies from Atlanta! I don't care what sport it is.

WRECK TECH!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks for reminding me how much I hate Tech, Bill. Always enjoy and appreciate your articles, truly written from a fan's perspective. To be honest, the Tech series has lost some of its luster in recent years, simply because Tech does not present any national implications other than the rare occasions when we have beaten ourselves and lost to them. I reflected yesterday on some great Dawg wins versus the insects that I've enjoyed over the years. You've spoken of most of them in your articles. I wasn't quite a teen when Buck came in to save us in 1978. The gutsy play of Hines Ward filling in at QB in 95. The 97 miracle finish (Bobo to Allen). For personal reasons, I loved the 2006 game in Athens, when Tony Taylor, a fellow Oconee County High School alum, picked up a fumble out of a pile and somersaulted into the east end zone right in front of me and my son, who was eight at the time to help pull out a win. There are likely logical reasons to look at other options than Tech in the future, but what about being a fan is supposed to be logical? It's about passion. Dare I say, 'clean old fashioned hate'? I always have and always will hate Tech. Some traditions are worth saving and so is this gem that dates back to 1893. Go Dawgs!