Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: SEC football schedule triggers perception vs. reality fallout

SystemSystem Posts: 11,133 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: SEC football schedule triggers perception vs. reality fallout

WATCH: The SEC's long-awaited release of each team's final two cross-division opponents was delayed long enough to fuel speculation

Read the full story here

Comments

• plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well, has anyone given an explanation why the next 2 cross divisional rivals for next year were not assigned to ALL teams, but were assigned to others. Example, Georgia was scheduled for Arkansas, Miss St. next year, they were added this year... But, Florida's next 2 cross divisional rivals were to be Alabama, and Texas A&M,,,,but they have Texas A&M, and Arkansas. Arkansas now gets the toughest schedule in the conference, and Florida and Alabama get a pass...****? This is a gift to Florida, (and Alabama) as they now have an easier path to the SEC championship game than any team in the East. Who made this decision? How did that person benefit from it,,, free vacation at Florida's or Alabama booster expense? Pay-off later? There better be an explanation. More likely more smoke blowing, spin control, from SEC OFFICE, saying something like "what's the problem, we had no idea".... TOTAL BS...They knew, and tried to blow it off, until us folks started the complaining. Mostly me, no name Family Practice doctor in Columbus Ga.

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind uf & bama balked at playing each other this year and Sankey relented.

• ATDATD Posts: 264 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm picturing Saban's black-gloved right hand choking the life out of Sankey, much like the Star Wars scene where Vader crushes the windpipe of Admiral Motti. Sankey relents, alters the schedule to favor the Bammers, and is allowed to maintain his commissioner title for another season. Florida is the recipient of good fortune thanks to Lord Saban. Whining Mullet has no clout with the SEC Commissioner.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In the Spring, when the REAL season will hopefully begin, Saban will be smiling...and saying, " Ain't it great to be ME"?

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reality will come all too soon at season's conclusion! Then the real whining will commence or rejoicing....whomever is the recipient.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saban refuses to play anybody who's anybody in a home and away OOC schedule.

Anybody who thinks he didn't protest adding Florida simply has their head in the sand.

Also, I'm sure Florida didn't want to lose their scheduling advantage over Georgia. Who can blame them...

With the B1G stacking their deck - see Ohio ST revised schedule, it really doesn't make sense for the SEC to make their top teams schedules any harder.