Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

DN90: Former Ohio State captain says 'players will think twice' before committing to Big Ten

SystemSystem Posts: 10,451 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageDN90: Former Ohio State captain says 'players will think twice' before committing to Big Ten

Georgia football fans can get a quick update on the latest news involving the Bulldogs each day with DN90. DawgNation’s Brandon Adams provides all the latest UGA happenings on video in about 90 seconds. So follow along as Kirby Smart and the rest of the Bulldogs attempt to lead UGA to a national championship, and get

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There should be fallout. The reaction to this virus is maddening at times. I have family members that are refusing to leave their home until a vaccine, with all its side effects, is available. I'm sorry but most nations have gotten back to "business as usual" but not the good ol' USA. I pray we get it together soon and very soon. Part of that process is letting these kids play and allowing people to make decisions for themselves. God raise up leaders that fear and love you, even leaders of football conferences!

Go Dawgs! Go SEC!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thank you Brandon. Well said!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do think the B1G will take a recruiting hit. Especially if most other conferences have a season.

As a real life example of how I reacted to a cancelation.

I get regular ongoing treatment for Migraine headaches. The Hospital where I get treated called me in May and said they were only doing emergency treatment until further notice. No more treatments for me.

Another Hospital in the area never stopped treating their patients.

I'm now going to the other hospital and never will go back to the first one again. They're now back to treating their patients, but what happens if we get an uptick in Covid-19? What happens in two years from now when the next virus shows up?

No thanks! I'll stay with the hospital who never quit on their patients.

• Options
    SteveRSteveR Posts: 12 ✭✭ Sophomore

Not trying to take the moral high ground but as I see it the Big 10 is prioritizing the potential immediate and long-term health of their student athletes over financial gain.

We should know by January if it was the wise decision but I can't help respecting someone who is willing to lose the popularity contest by making what they sincerely believe is the right decision.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For whatever it's worth, my brother-in-law is a medical missionary in Tanzania, Africa. He emailed my wife this week and told her how strange it was that no one wears a mask over there and there are only a handful of cases of Covid. Go figure.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most countries got their cases down, making something resembling business as usual a possibility. We haven't done that.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

Did they tell you that they just didn't want to treat anything other than an emergency? One of the under-duscussed issues with the heavy COVID caseload in our country is that it has been known to divert medical resources away from non-COVID cases. I'm sincerely asking. I don't know the situating with your hospital, but it sounds like that could be the case.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How can the two conferences justify deeming on campus classes as "safe" but cancel sports where athletes are largely segregated (not a race issue) from other students, as well as the public, during non class time? In addition, athletes are to be tested at least twice a week for the virus. Are they saying that other conference members are untrustworthy to fairly test each athlete?

It seems to me that the safest place to be is inside the athletic "bubble" where athletes are housed, fed and entertained when not in class.