Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm makes Buffalo Bills 53-man roster

SystemSystem Posts: 10,558 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm makes Buffalo Bills 53-man roster

Former Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm was reportedly off to a tough start in Buffalo, but he showed enough to make the team's 53-man roster on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats Mr. Fromm, make the most of it..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

And Indy kept Hot Rod to replace HOF'er Adam Vinatieri! DGDs, both! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BestofBreedBestofBreed Posts: 117 ✭✭✭ Junior

Congrats to Fromm. Though he would have had to fall on his face to not make the roster where he was drafted. They drafted him to be a backup. Whether he gets a shot will depend on Allen's health and IF Fromm plays well when given a shot. That's Allen's team.

Bigger news is Tae Crowder making the Giants roster as the last man drafted. That's another bulldog that was drafted very late or undrafted that made a roster in the Kirby era. I'm torn on what that means for the program. On the one hand it's great to have a lot of Dawgs in the NFL. On the other hand, it doesn't speak to how well we are showcasing the talent if a lot of these guys are being underdrafted, many of whom were highly rated recruits. Hopefully it's just a matter of NFL teams being **** and we will see a premium put on UGA players like other "elite" programs have.

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Congratulations to all the former dawgs that made the 53 man roster. Its hard to say but I think he would have done well to stay for his 4th year. It might just be a selfish thing from me, but he didn't have a 1st round grade and usually the player should come back to improve his draft stock. Lecounte would have been a mid-round draftee last year but will look to be a solid 1st or 2nd rounder this year. All that being said, I don't know if Fromm would have been drafted any higher if he did return because of his physical attributes.

Regardless of my armchair qb opinion, I hope he goes out and has a great career! Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    JackCuppyJackCuppy Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman

Congratulations Jake!! You are a warrior, a leader, you seem like a decent young man. In my opinion your were one of the best QB’s that UGA ever had. Appreciate all you did. Good luck and hope you have a long career bro! GATA in the NFL! DGD!