Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 things from Scrimmage Two: Kirby Smart praises defense, shares biggest concern

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
image3 things from Scrimmage Two: Kirby Smart praises defense, shares biggest concern

ATHENS — It’s happening too fast for Kirby Smart this fall. Smart, entering his fifth season as Georgia's head coach, wants to practice until his team can’t get plays wrong. It’s clear there’s a certain restlessness, perhaps because Smart and his staff didn’t get to turn his team loose in spring drills to see what

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am on pins and needles waiting for the 26th to get here. I've even been enthusiastically watching the games where I don't care who wins. In the past, it's been impossible to be enthusiastic about those games. The thought in the back of my mind seems to be "this might be all that the powers that be will let us enjoy this season". I do not like having those types of thoughts.

• Options
    chillinnchillinn Posts: 20 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Liked the way Mike succinctly dissected the three scrimmage takeaway topics. This stood out: "An encouraging sign: Smart said the No. 1 offense beat the No. 1 defense in the Red Zone. Has defensive coordinator Dan Lanning met his play-calling match in Monken?" My question, which QB was repping at that time?..brace-knee Daniels or "scooter" Mathis?

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pick a QB, build the offense around his strengths rather than continuing to wait to make that decision. The apprehension to commit to one particular QB may cost us a game or two early in the season because the entire offense will be less ready. If Beck, Mathis and Daniels are so close that none of them stand out then just pick one a pray it was the right decision so the entire offense can begin to gel. You can still develop the other qbs! Smart seems to have difficulty thinking outside the box at times. During a pandemic with limited practices, perhaps the best thing to do is to be, call me crazy, slightly unconventional.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Don't fear Covid, fear the reaction to Covid of those in power.