Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football Scrimmage 3 observers' report: Jermaine Burton arrives

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football Scrimmage 3 observers' report: Jermaine Burton arrives

Georgia football held Scrimmage 3 at Sanford Stadium on Saturday, with redshirt freshman quarterback D'Wan Mathis getting plenty of work, and freshman WR Jermaine Burton standing out

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

D'Wan seems to have the edge for the 26th start. Is Daniels cleared? Carson Beck I knew would begin to impress. He is getting the feel for UGA's new style of offense. Cook and Zamir hitting their strides now as well as Edwards. Powerful RBs. Also receiver threat. Great to hear Jermaine Burton's talents are living up to expectations. Kimber and LeCounte picking them off. Ben Cleveland ended up at RG. UGA is coming together nicely. UGA will conduct its 4th scrimmage Sept 26th. LOL.

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

This has the makings of one of those overly sappy Gameday stories, with D’wan coming back from major surgery to take charge of an elite program and lead them to victory. I hope so. Good for him!

I guess he’s figuring out intermediate passing game in Monk’s system.

• Options
    BestofBreedBestofBreed Posts: 117 ✭✭✭ Junior

I guess so much for the theory that Newman was scared off by Daniels...Suggestion reporters, don't tell us what we want to hear, report what you know. If you don't have a good read on the QB situation it's OK to say so. Pretty obvious a lot of people were making up stuff about the QB situation IMO and it looks like Mathis may be on the inside track. Good for him.

I definitely didn't expect Mathis to start (and we will still see), but anyone acting like JT was a proven QB based on his 1 bad season at USC was not being honest.

• Options
    MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

If the offense looked that good, it must mean the defense stunk.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did DeAndre Swift never put his shoulder into a defender? Sony Michel? Nick Chubb?

Why compare Daijun to an LSU player?

• Options
    Erks_ShadowErks_Shadow Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think it will be great if Mathis wins the QB competition. He's gone through a lot just to be able to be on the field competing.

• Options
    DaddyMackDaddyMack Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

With the talent we have - I think they can spread the offense out while keeping it fairly simple and building on that throughout the season adding and subtracting this and that each week in order to cause and exploit any mismatches or holes each opponents have. The defense should be fine. Of course in these scrimmages they're not going absolutely all out and aren't allowed to hit or tackle the QB. Some people's comments on the defense must **** or have taken a big step backwards if our offense is seeing success - well let's just say I adamantly disagree.