Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

5 things from Auburn beat writer about the Tigers matchup with Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,702 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
image5 things from Auburn beat writer about the Tigers matchup with Georgia

ATHENS — Auburn hasn’t beaten Georgia in Athens since 2005, a string of six straight games the Bulldogs have gotten the better of their Tiger rivals. It will be a battle of Top 10 teams when No. 4 Georgia and No. 7 Auburn take the field between the hedges for their 7:30 p.m. game. ESPN . Here are 5 questions with

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2020

This game could be determined by heart. Who wants it more. Sometimes I feel these young men do not play to the best of their ability because they do not play each game like it could be their last. Hopefully, the combination of Smart and Cochran will keep our players elevated on both sides of the ball. I love the way Lecounte, Smith, Walker, Pickens and Blaylock play, to name a few. It appears they are always giving 100%. I cannot stand to see players doing the minimum. To me doing the "minimum" has been blaringly obvious on the offensive line. Push or block somebody until we score or until you hear the whistle!

Praying our players play with the most heart every game this year. If we do, we will be in it at least until the playoffs. And win or lose we and they will be satisfied with what was accomplished.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Plus, I’m sure it doesn’t hurt that they know they’re going on the road and will only have to deal with 20-25 percent of the crowd they normally encounter in a place that has been a nightmare for the program for the last 15 years."

Yep. Sure would have been nice if, in exchange for giving Auburn the schedule change that they requested just to make their season easier on them, we got back the home game that we gave them when the conference expanded. It would be fair to call that the bare minimum, and we didn't even get that. So not only did they get the advantage back then, they're getting it again now. But they whine about how hard they have it, and everyone, including one of their biggest rivals, is happy to give them more. Still scratching my head wondering why the barn gets whatever it wants while Georgia is still waiting for what it's owed.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Two youngish but potentially very good teams.....one ranked 4 and the other 7. One poster said "heart" may win this one. Who is hungriest will in my camp. Auburn has the QB edge with returnee Bo Nix. UGA definitely has the edge on defense. Auburn on offense...by a skosh...judging from last week's performances. If UGA can contain Bo NIx...the game is theirs. If not, a long night. Bo has great receivers...one is the fastest player in NCAA, The RBs are.....well, even. Pickens will be trolled all game...so, who will step up? Please do not put Cook in the slot! We will just have to wait and see how much progress was made this week. Obviously Luke and Monken had some serious discussions. I am on edge!

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

An annual tradition for me is to head over to AL.com and troll the AU fans. But it appears they've disabled the comments. This is unacceptable! They need to hear my trash talk. 😤