Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia QB Stetson Bennett 'The guy' for now; jumbo package impressed

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia QB Stetson Bennett 'The guy' for now; jumbo package impressed

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart was overall very pleased with the win over Auburn, but he made it clear the Bulldogs can play better on offense and defense

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, the game was played at Sanford Stadium not Jordan-Hare.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah the call on lecounte was complete garbage. Yes his helmet did ricochet off the other players helmet, but you could clearly see that his body control trying to lower his shoulder into him. But luckily we have the depth to keep a strong defense even while losing a player of his caliber. He has such amazing close speed on the ball. Malzahn should've stopped letting Britt get back in there, I honestly felt bad for him. Cook was cleared to return, but he didn't. Terrible coaching on malzahns part. Shows even more reason why I don't like him. He done the same thing kerryon Johnson in the 2017 sec championship game. It's like he doesn't care for the player's well being.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

No...it was a good call.....You don't have to lead with your helmet...that is just one part of if.....It was pretty obvious that he was trying to hit the guy in the head

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

It was crystal clear in the replay that LeCounte lead with his shoulder, not with his helmet.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yes. The targeting call was complete BS. That call has just become a coin flip penalty. They throw the flag, targeting, or not, your a coin flip from an ejection. Maybe ncaa shouls start making receivers wear flags so you can't hit them. Playing hard football has gotten too many player ejected.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guys the reason for the targeting call was not because LeCounte hit the AU receiver with the crown of his helmet, video replay was clear on that point. He was called for targeting, because the rule book states you can't hit a defenseless player. In this case the claim was the WR's back was to LeCounte rendering him defenseless. I don't particularly like the rule or the call in this case. Looked like a good hard hit to me.

Love the Jumbo package. Monken rocks!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not really about this article but hasn't the NCAA declared that all players will not lose a year of eligibility this year? If that is so, since he is a academic Junior, we will have Stetson for two more years after this, I have a hard time believing he will leave with eligibility remaining for any reason.

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

SportsDashBoard, Jeremiah Pegues is not a Offensive Lineman he's a 6'2" 300 pound TE, I watched his highlights in high school, and he was mainly used as a receiver, but also passed, and run the ball as QB, and RB, he is a good athlete, but looks like he gained 15 more pounds since high school, and for 6' 2" that is a lot of weight he is caring, he needs to burn off some of that fat.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a game!!! I am breathless! GO DAWGS!!! Give Stetson a game ball..huh? Don't recall anything about it.