Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football gets creative and back to basics in rushing game turnaround against Auburn

SystemSystem Posts: 11,029 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football gets creative and back to basics in rushing game turnaround against Auburn

Lost somewhat amongst all the concerns about the Georgia quarterback battle was how ineffective the Georgia rushing attack was against Arkansas. In the first 30 minutes of the game, Georgia's running backs had just 27 rushing yards. For the game, the group had just 111 total rushing yards. So some small tweaks needed

Read the full story here

Comments

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lost last season in all the angst about Fromm and the receivers, too! Why? Because media coverage stinks so bad!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

RBU is alive and scoring again. That was Auburn UGA played. right? #7? I found it was not their team, it was UGA's defense and offense that simply stifled them. Take the tricks away from Bo Nix and the game is yours. Stetson outplayed him...the defense buried their offensive strategy and UGA's offense did the rest. 1,2,3...check and checkmate. TN anyone?

GO DAWGS!!!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love our backfield, those gentlemen are excellent RBs and UGA is indeed RBU. However, the star RB Saturday was true freshman Tank Bigsby, that kid is going to be a monster. I hated to see him commit to AU last year.

Zeus looked better Saturday but Cook and McIntosh stood out the most for me. I hope Cook heals fully from his arm or hand injury.

Very good win for our program. I predicted Bennett would start and we would win, just didn't know we would be so dominant. AU did not look like a top 20 team. Was that because of what we did or because of who they are? Bo Nix is highly overrated. AU fans calling for Malzahn to be fired...again.

Go Dawgs!

• TrippTripp Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree with most of what you said here, especially about Tank. That young man was balling out. The only thing I may somewhat disagree with is Nix. Sure he is overhyped by the media but he is a better QB than his production Saturday night showed. The problem was, he was absolutely running for his life all night long. The pressure the D was putting on him was relentless. Bo will pick you apart when he has time but with the pressure our D was putting on him exposed his weakness.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I was very impressed with Moken's play calling. I hope we have him next year too!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just a matter of time before McIntosh takes a kick-off to the house.

• bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Don't want to overhype things, but I have been watching UGA football since arriving on campus in 1967. It may not appear extremely artistic and noteworthy to others, but I have never seen a UGA back do any better in short yardage runs than what Zeus did last night. Virtually every time he ran behind our dedicated line, he would move that ball 2-3 yards further than would appear humanly possible. May not make the highlight reel but this may give us more **** toward that championship we all crave than some of the more notable plays.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, Monken deserved to be in the "winners" column in that article as well. I don't see anyone questioning his play calling and no one in their right mind would. Our running game finally got going because Auburn couldn't just load up the box and expect us to run a play up the middle a-la-all our other previous OCs. Very nice mix of short and long pass plays with varied run plays. Auburn didn't stop our run till late and that was more because we were burning clock.

Hopefully, we will offer him up a bunch of money and do our best to keep him as long as possible. I'm sure he won't stay long, but we should at least try out best.