Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tennessee 'ready for a dogfight,' ready to recapture Top 10 glory at Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageTennessee 'ready for a dogfight,' ready to recapture Top 10 glory at Georgia

Georgia football takes on a red-hot Tennessee football team that has won 8 straight and is aiming for a spot back in the Top 10

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike Griffin I hope that wasn't your idea to post that picture.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey UGA...no missed routes and under thrown and over thrown balls...not against TN. Pruitt is an old Georgia boy and knows UGA's game. I feel this game will be much tighter. So, JT Daniels can sling the long wideout balls consistently...Stet it appears has a deficit there. Let JT come in a sling a few. Open up the defense. TN has exceptional RBs..both over 100 yds last game...as I recall? UGA will need to counter with some deep strikes...George and Kearis. Then turn Zeus and Cook loose. UGA can win this game easily if they contain the RBs and sack Guarantano a few times to keep him honest. They did it with Auburn...Bo Nix was rendered virtually useless. All IMO. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The two RBs for TN combined for 126 yds last game...sorry.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let them ramp up confidence. Same thing happened last week with auburn. No uga players/coaches need to let this get into their heads. Only thing we need to make sure is to play our game and show we dont fall for all the gimmicks and hoohah that other teams try to throw at us. And 1st things 1st, do not go thinking about the next game.

• Options
    efis123efis123 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

As an Air Force grad I feel obligated to mention an error in the article. Air Force has a nine game winning streak, one more than TN or ND. Although after this week I don’t think Tennessee will have a winning streak anymore. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, they're talking the talk. I have found throughout my 77+ years that walking the walk requires much, much more effort.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry, Monkin.  But until your players show they are ready for your air raid offense, better to play SEC football, pound the Vol front 7 with a steady diet of Zeus, Cook, and others.  Few passes to keep them guessing.  Break their spirit, then gash them.  Problem is, once Dawgs have a good lead, Smart will take his foot off the gas to be honorable.  The problem with that is you never get a chance to practice a game situation like you're REALLY in a dog fight.  Need to hang 50 on someone, instead of running out the last 20 minutes of a game up by 30. 

You know the defense will hold the Vol O.  This will be a close game for the first quarter.  Then Dawgs will be able to open it up and get the subs plenty of work.  UT is definitely back.  Hoping UT can whip the Gators.  Love the song Rocky Top and love Eastern Tennessee.  But this much improved Vol team is up against an NFL caliber defense.  Vol offense doesn't stand a prayer.  Dog offense is good enough.

• Options
    LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good thing these readers are here to give coaching advice to Kirby. I don't know where the program would be without you football geniuses. Kirby would never have been able to figure this game out on his own.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

There isn't one coach in the east that I fear. Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer are long gone and the only elite coach left from the top sec teams is Nick Saban and I'm not too worried about him this season because I don't believe his qb has enough mobility to escape our pass rush like the previous two unless he's holding back.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I Guarantano a loss for the Vols. The gross orange team will be in it for two or three quarters but no way do they hang around for four. I just hope UGA can come away with an injury-free W because this is Tennessee's most important game of their season. You can always tell where a program is at based upon which games are most important to them. For Bama it is always the NCAA Championship game. For us, not sure if it is the Natty or the SECCG.

I also hope Mays doesn't injury his pinky in this game.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

This will be UGA's toughest game thus far for a variety of reasons, better team, better coached, want it more, need it more, etc. This will be a spring board game for one team and a go away game for the other.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike - we still owe them for another butt whuppin' for sins of the past. Bring them on and we'll see how ready they are for big boy football.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, the Dawgs need to play Saturday and secure the win, before even thinking about Alabama.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Boy they sure are talking big and bad. We'll see come game time. I don't think people realize how good the UGA defense is until they get on the field with those guys. And Guarantano is a solid QB but he's no Joe Burrow. But teams should express confidence. I don't expect them to say they're NOT READY for the challenge, or that they expect to lose. So we'll see. I'm really hoping the rain holds off, though, so we can see everyone at their best. I'm going to save my talking for AFTER the game. Go Dawgs!