Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football defensive line gets its 'biggest test' against talented Tennessee offensive line

SystemSystem Posts: 11,082 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football defensive line gets its 'biggest test' against talented Tennessee offensive line

With the way the Tennessee offensive line has been talked about so far this season, it's easy to classify them as an unstoppable force. Conversely, the Georgia defensive line has done its best job to be an immovable object, with the Bulldogs giving up just 116 yards in the first two games of the season. That's tops

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TN has a physical OL and two great backs in Chandler and Gray. Beyond that not much. I am a tad concerned about the rain....is Stetson a Fromm in inclement weather? Our OL should dominate their defense....leaving running room for Zeus and Cook. I think Pickens could catch in a hail storm! Kearis J. as well.

One thing.....give Jared Zirkel a shot at those longer field goals....I still believe he is as good as "Pod." Maybe better. Pod missed that 42 yarder. "Zirk" can make those. IMO.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tennessee will be our biggest test to date but let's be honest if this Tennessee team rolled into Tuscaloosa on Saturday instead of Athens it gets beat by 28. That's reality. I don't know if we are at Bama's level yet. Not if If we are just hoping we win the game instead of putting a bot whipping on them.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"So what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object? Physics tells us the answer is the total annihilation of both sides."

This law of physics does not apply to human beings pushing each other, even if they are larger than typical. Let's just hope and pray we do not see any attrition on the defensive front in the form of injuries because we are only as good as our depth allows us to be. This defense will not have the same numbers without Jordan Davis. Special prayers for that big man in the middle. The "Jumbo Package" was fun last Saturday but do we really want to risk getting our best defensive player injured playing offense? The human body is more prone to injury the greater stress it is under. Let's maybe use a jumbo 3rd sting player for such plays. I also don't believe it is wise to continue to keep Zeus on special teams with his history of knee injuries. Could you imagine what a third knee injury might do to his future and his confidence to ever step on the field again?!

Go Dawgs!

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dawgs need to be tested prior to next week. Would actually benefit us to play a close, hard fought game and have to dig deep I think.

• 10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 268 ✭✭✭ Junior

No doubt, toughest test so far, defense will have to be disciplined and be gap savvy. Go Dawgs !