Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Smael Mondon: Nation's top LB breaks down final 5 and decision timeline

SystemSystem Posts: 11,097 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageSmael Mondon: Nation's top LB breaks down final 5 and decision timeline

Where is 5-star LB Smael Mondon at with his decision? He spoke with DawgNation about his college process and the recent honor of his All-American Bowl selection. Mondon is the nation's No. 2 OLB prospect for the 2021 cycle.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Commit to the G!!!!

• KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ALL DAWG!!!! Key word- "HOME"

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't really know this kid but I would say, just based on his final five, that the factor is that he wants to stay close to home.....That pretty much narrows it down to Georgia and Auburn...........One of these schools he mentions that he trust....he other one he says he doesn't know why he likes them......I would say the kid is leaning towards Auburn

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I said on another article, why would a Georgia kid want to go and play for a team in another state that UGA beats like a drum? (Auburn) I get the playing at LSU and BAmA and Clemson, but at the end of the day when you are older and come back home after you play in the league or even if you don't, you can be somebody everyone talks about and loves instead of the guy who went somewhere else. IMHO

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Either this story is all over the place, or this kid is. I can't figure out which. He says it's not hard to make a decision and that he almost made it in June. Except, if he had made it in June, it still wouldn't be over. He says that UGA is among his Top 5, but he doesn't have a specific reason that they are on there. He says he likes all the schools and feels like he could get a good education but that nothing stands out to him about any of their academics. He says the decision isn't hard to make "unless you make it hard," yet he's not ready (or able) to make it, even though he claims not to be waiting or looking for anything in particular to help him make it.

I do not, however, believe he's not paying attention to what happens this year. I think he is ultra-aware of who is playing well this year and how that portends to future years. For 5-star linebackers from the state of Georgia, though, I really can't understand why you would consider anywhere else but UGA, with possible exception of Alabama. UGA's linebackers are just so good, it's clear that the coaching and training they get is top-notch. Just seems like UGA would be perfect fit for him, but that's just me. Go Dawgs.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm definitely not a fashion snob but I believe orange is the ugliest color, period. I could not imagine having orange in my closet. That alone would be reason enough for me to not commit to tenn, au, fla, clem; etc.

UGA is home, it is the best school in the nation. Come home and play in your backyard Smael!

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m just defending my school here for a second. I know Paulding hasn’t had a ton of talent but I was there in 02’ played with 2 D1 players. One was a Clemson 3 year starter at OL and the other was QB Darius Outlaw at Mizzou who is the only player at Mizzou to throw and catch 1,000yds as a QB and WR. In 2002 finished #4 in the state at 12-2. The school always was stuck in the Cobb county regions historically with McEachern, Harrison, N/S Cobb, etc. usually dominating it. 3-6 wins was the range PC lived in.