Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

5 questions: Tennessee beat writer shares keys for Vols' upset hopes

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
image5 questions: Tennessee beat writer shares keys for Vols' upset hopes

Tennessee football has a lot of momentum with 8-straight wins over Georgia, and the Vols look to make it nine and climb back into Top 10 on Saturday

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tennessee fans and Florida fans have become very similar in that they find a bit of success and suddenly think themselves to be world-beaters. That's fine, Vols fan. Come on down to Sanford this Saturday and get your beating. Dawgs on top, 30-13.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

“George’s massive offense of line”.

Good freaking grief.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I question his appraisal of the kicking game. I'll give him that they might have an edge in FG with our new guy and their senior but punting, no way. Carmada is, in my opinion, the best punter in the SEC. It's a wash, at the very worst, for us. If I'm going bird hunting, give me a pointer; if I'm going to a "dog fight", give me a Bull Dawg every time!!

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

On any given day anything can happen, look at USC last year, but that's not the norm. Our roster is hands down better, much better I would be inclined to say. We should win this game without a doubt, another day at the office....

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mr. Price mentioned the 8 game win streak, but failed to mention most of those wins came against weaker teams. He mentioned UT’s offensive line—but which top ten defenses have they faced during the streak? The vaunted run game of UT hasn’t done the job against a team with the speed of the Dawgs.

UT’s defense will have to dominate our offense for them to have a chance.

• Options
    georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

Very telling that the 10rc homer had to go back 16 years to point out a similar situation to this year. I would go back one year and point to the rout on their own checkerboard as a better example of what might happen.

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tennessee will play hard, but I don't think they match up well against the Dawgs. Georgia's defense is strong against the run, which is where they try to make hay on offense. As long as the Dawgs limit turnovers and explosive plays, the Vols are going to have a hard time pulling off an upset here.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In case nobody looked, he actually picked the Vols 19-17. The other 2 writers picked the Dawgs, 1 by 2 points and the other by 4. If GA wins by that little, with the talent they have, I hate to say it, but UT wins. Not this year, but probably starting next year. It is going to show recruits that they can win more with less. And when Pruitt gets more? They may be dominant. Sorry about being a debbie downer, but Ga just hasn't shown that they can put teams away. Kirby just likes to play it close the the vest and have his defense hold up. Which makes them have to play more and get worn down through the season. I don't care if the defense gives up 17-20 points a game, if it's mostly in the 4th qtr, after they are up by 30 or more. Not like they did against Fla and Aub last year, where they both got within 1 score. And had to hold on to win. Or even Aub this year, 28-10 in plays in the 3rd qtr alone in favor of Aub. I said it before, from Remember The Titans, "Leave No Doubt".

GO DAWGS!!!!