Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt making good on promises, can Vols beat Georgia?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,528 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageTennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt making good on promises, can Vols beat Georgia?

ATHENS — Jeremy Pruitt made a promise when he took the Tennessee football head coaching job in December of 2017 that he would change the culture. But whether the No. 14-ranked Vols are ready change the landscape in the SEC East Division remains to be seen, as a No. 3-ranked Georgia team stands in their path on

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I really want to see us rush successfully tomorrow, as the stats in this article indicate is possible.

• Options
    law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As always Mike great work!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

A lot on the line for both teams, but in year three of coaching it's especially important to show progress, and not against Vandy, USC, Kentucky, and Missouri, but the big boys. I think the pressure on not only Pruitt, but Fulmer too will be high. If UGA's OL line will ratchet up the intensity and provide the holes the backs need to get to the second level, it would also take a lot of pressure off Bennett.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with @10DAWG that the running backs and O-Line must perform at or above last week's game. They cannot revert to Arkansas. Seems we ought to be able to both run and pass on them. Can our defense stop their run? I believe we can because that's our forte, but this may be the best 0-Line, on paper, that we see all year. If we stop that, I don't believe their QB can beat us through the air. Guess we'll all find out in a little more than 24 hours. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    FirstchairtrptFirstchairtrpt Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

UGA has not given up a TD by a running back since the 2018 SEC Championship game vs Alabama (2 TD by RB Josh Jacobs). Only six rushing TDs given up since then and all by quarterbacks. 1 to Jalen Hurts in SEC championship,3 quarterback TDs in the 2019 Sugarbowl by Sam Ehlinger, 1 to Aub qb Bo Nix and 1 to Baylor qb Charlie Brewer.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2020

Listening to the podcast, there is 1 thing that needs to be understood. Ga needs to DOMINATE this game from beginning to end. I myself living in TN (20 minutes from UT campus), and listening to the radio around here, if UT keeps it close, that is just more firepower for recruiting for Pruitt. Look back a couple of years, Pruitt's best class came after getting beat by Ga, with Fields scoring 2 td's in the 4th qtr. Before that, TN was only down by 2 td's. This was a TN team that wasn't anywhere close to the talent of Ga. But played close for 3 1/2 qtrs. Pruitt used it as a recruiting tool. Saying "we are close, just need more depth". Every coach is going to do this. Kirby needs to STOP holding back, saving face, or whatever you want to call it. Stop playing prevent offense. Because if Chaney or any other team out there can, would try and score 50 points on Ga. Quit getting a lead, and then start coaching to "run out the clock", or not to lose. As the quote from Remember The Titans said, "Leave No Doubt". Just my opinion. Good luck tomorrow. And as always,

GO DAWGS!!!!

Another addition, the SEC Stat Cat info, showed some things. But doesn't that make Guarantano even worse?

Also, if the transfer center from Ala is a 5*, that makes all 5 starters on the o-line 5*s. Don't remember where I either read something, or heard something about them having 3. I hope our defense is tired of hearing about how great this o-line is, and takes it to them.

GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    JackCuppyJackCuppy Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman

Three motivational things come to mind to kick butt and take names. Jeremy cue ball Pruitt, Cade and papa pinky Mays, and that **** pathetic rocky top song. If this doesn’t fire you up, nothing will. GATA!!! Go dawgs!!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only way TN hangs with the Dawgs is if we turn the ball over and give them short fields. Pickens needs to be very composed because we need him fo show out for 60 minutes since TN will be stacking the box. Vol defenders are going to be baiting George to try to get personal fouls and hopefully for them, an ejection. Go DAWGS!

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Many have written and many have spoken that this is a big test for our Dawgs. What? Why? I will give the Vols the edge at QB only because of experience but I can't clearly give them an edge any where else. Their O-line is experienced and talented but everyone of our D-line starters have played them so they know what to expect and our O-line held up well against Baylor's top 5 defense in the bowl game and against an under rated Missouri defensive front and very well against Auburn. I can't say the Vols O-line is clearly better just because they have three 5-Stars. With the exception of LSU, every SEC team we've played in the last two years have had problems with our defense and according to what I've seen in two games and absolutely according to what the experts are saying, this defense could be the best of the Smart era. I don't see the Vols have the firepower to effectively challenge our defense on all three levels. They're not 2019 LSU. We win by at least 17.

GATA!!!!!!

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's a rivalry game and the biggest UT has played in a while. I look for the Vols to play hard and keep it close for the first half.

Georgia pulls away late in the third quarter making it 27-13. Kirby sits on the lead by passing very sparingly and just handing it to the Dawg RB's. Georgia scores one more field goal. Final Dawgs win 30 -13.