Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kearis Jackson has another strong game while George Pickens is showing 'silly behavior'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageKearis Jackson has another strong game while George Pickens is showing 'silly behavior'

Coming into the season, George Pickens was expected to be Georgia's leading receiver while Kearis Jackson was just hoping to make a positive impact and answer some of the questions about the wide receiver room. But through three games, Jackson has been the unquestioned leader of the room as he's led the Bulldogs in

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kudos to KJ, a classy kid with a good head on his shoulders. The next few games will determine whether Pickens is a player or a punk, I hope it's not the latter.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Personally I was disappointed to see Pickens back out on the field after the penalty. I was really hoping Kirby would send a message and bench him. But, it probably won’t be a fun week of practice for Pickens! Great job defense and congratulations to the team for a great win! Now, get ready for Bama! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With TN stacking the box, I thought Pickens would show out with the one-on-one. If not for the water bottle incident, he would have been almost invisible. The way Bama’s D looked tonight, the Dawgs have a real opportunity to score a lot of points next week, but it’s going take all 11 offensive players pulling in the same direction...not 10 players and one idiot. Getting behind the sticks with foolish unsportsmanlike and personal foul penalties, what’s becoming Picken’s calling card, will kill the offense even if Bama’s D plays poorly.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Special "K" Jackson shines again!! I'm so happy for him. He's had some setbacks the last couple of years, but he's worked hard and has a great attitude. As for Pickens, I suspect he won't be with the team much longer. He hasn't changed his behavior one bit since arriving in Athens. I thought that maybe after last year's suspension he would have learned his lesson. But sadly, no.

• Options
    KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What's the big deal? He was thirsty and George was giving him some water!!! /s

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good...call him out coach. Needs his butt benched too.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are Dawgs and there are puppy dawgs....Pickens should be head and shoulders a Dawg by now...he is not. There is something in this kid that needs to be addressed and quickly..CKS sees it and will deal with him. He is a fantastic WR...already proved it. Now Kearis is stealing his thunder and he may not like it. Stetson Bennett remarked that he throws to Kearis because he knows Kearis will "catch the ball" and "I trust him." He did not say that about George P. Trust is a key factor with WRs. Hopefully, CKS will set him straight and if not...bench him. His antics have cost UGA penalty after penalty. Personally, I like George. I am sure he woll come round. These displays are not helping his draft status...the NFL will not tolerate such sophomoric shenanigans. Come on George....show us the one-haded catch artist we know so well.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For some, NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG, if Pickens doesn't grow up he may never know the NFL at all.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"There is something in this kid that needs to be addressed and quickly..CKS sees it and will deal with him'

I hate to say this, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it's just immaturity. It seems more, how shall I say, mental. after it happened and he got chewed out he was laughing about it, but no one sitting next to him was laughing, but rather looking at him with a look that says, "Dude you're crazy.

• Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kids mature differently and at different ages, unfortunately Pickens is maturing very slowly. I'm sure Kirby and the coaching staff have been on him constantly about leadership and maturity but being talented doesn't make you mature and it doesn't make you a leader. Pickens will have to figure this out quickly or he'll be in the transfer portal at the end of this season. Hopefully, he figures it out but make no mistake this is on him.

• Options
    GaDawgNTexasGaDawgNTexas Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

2 things pickens isn't one on one its a safety spying over him. 2nd even with the safety he's getting open but i think stet lacks the confident to throw deep to him. Half the time he don't even look his way. There was play in the TN game were GP jabbed stepped inside slapped away the jam and CB fell down and he had about a good 7 yrd separation from the safety play possibly could have went for a 35yrd td but he didn't get looked at.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pickens is an immature punk and I am sure he could care less what CKS thinks because he allows this sort of antics with lil to no repercussions

Sure saw Pickens right back out on the field with no discipline even in a blowout win

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

if he dont start making some catches and showing some the talent that constantly gets hyped he will never see the NFL