Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football beginning Alabama prep by looking back at Tennessee errors

SystemSystem Posts: 10,651 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football beginning Alabama prep by looking back at Tennessee errors

Even after taking care of business against Tennessee, the Georgia team still wasn't looking ahead to the even bigger contest against Alabama "Enjoy the win tonight. Tomorrow, we start worrying about Alabama," wide receiver Kearis Jackson said. Quarterback Stetson Bennett didn't offer much more following the win over

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Watch the tape but don't expect that kind of sloppy defensive performance from Bama twice. Expect Saban to raise cane at his defense all week after last night's abysmal Bama performance.

Unfortunately for us, Bama will be mad and come for revenge. They will be jacked to take it out on our Dawgs in their house. It will be loud. Not an enviable position for Bennett or our offense. If the Dawgs and Bennett come out of that toaster oven with a win then I'd say we can beat any team in the country.

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If UGA can battle through the 4th qtr and finally beat Bama..finally..then we have a good chance against any team, yes....even Clemson for a natty.

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would love to see the Dawgs get the W; however, I feel it might be best if we LOSE this game. That's right, we may be better off losing this game. Reason: If, when we play BAMA in the SECCG, there is no way BAMA would allow two losses to UGA in the same season. NO WAY! Just like we did not allow Auburn to beat us in the SECCG in 2017 after losing to them in the regular season. Playoff implications may be a good argument for winning the game Saturday and losing a close one in the SECCG. All I know is we will likely be playing BAMA twice this year!

Go Dawgs! May the good Lord bless our team with healthy and prosperity.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm with you @Dawg365. I know it goes against all competitive nature to think about losing but I agree, I really don't believe there is any way we beat Bama twice in the same season. Losing Saturday won't cost us a playoff berth if we win out and then beat Bama in the SECCG. Of course, if we beat them this Saturday, there is always the chance they could lose to another team or two this season and wind up NOT making the SECCG themselves. So there's that.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Win, ****, or pretty just win.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Remember that UT gave us a lot of favors by making a whole ton of penalties and we beat ourselves at times. I don't like to focus on individual players, but that bad snap wasn't just bad, it was game-losing bad. You do that against Bama and we lose the game. Period. Doing 4 consecutive failed goal line pushes cost us another 7 pts. If it doesn't work the first time, DON'T TRY IT AGAIN THE NEXT 3 TIMES.

Our Rush D is the best in the country, but I have concerns about our Pass D. Even though we came so, so close to sacking Guarantano so many times, he still managed to complete 23 passes for 215 yards including some big plays.

Understand though, I'm not trying to be negative. It was a well played game against a tough UT team, but we can't allow Bama to get big plays on us and we can't afford to hurt ourselves, because they won't make the same mistakes. They are like Iceman from Top Gun. No mistakes and they've got you when you do **** crap (like spraying water on another player) they've got you.

If we play solid and focused and can keep the big pass plays from happening, we should have this in the bag.

We shall see.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We can't win a shoot-out with BAMA. Ole Miss proved that. Neither team could stop the other until BAMA went up late in the game. Lane Kiffin is an astute offensive mind. But their defense couldn't stop them, any! Bama has an outstanding passing attack and if you drop too many in coverage, then Harris will beat you with his legs. UGA Secondary will have to play better than it did against Tenn.

It will take everything we've got to beat BAMA. I believe we can do it.

• Options
    MLVMLV Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Am I really reading on this thread that Dawg fans think we should lose this game because they don't believe we can beat Bama twice this year? Shaking my head. I sure hope that Saban and Bama haven't gotten into Dawg players and coach's heads like they seem to have gotten into some of our fan's heads.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can we play an almost perfect game? If we can we will win.