Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Alabama head coach Nick Saban tests positive for COVID-19 ahead of Georgia game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageAlabama head coach Nick Saban tests positive for COVID-19 ahead of Georgia game

The University of Alabama announced on Wednesday that Alabama coach Nick Saban and Athletic Director Greg Byrne had both tested positive for COVID-19. The two immediately left the facility. Georgia and Alabama are set to play on Saturday night at 8 p.m. ET. There has been no word on this effects the game. In its

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not saying anything but... it’s convenient

Probably finally sat down and watched some tape of our defense. I might test positive too if I were him. Couple extra weeks of practice with the game being rescheduled 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s one way not to get that first loss to an assistant.

• Options
    ancelyancely Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

don't want to play bama the week before the gaders

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

so when we win on saturday. does that count as breaking Saban's streak vs his pupils?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I cannot see how they can let this game go on...! There will be more positive tests at Alabama...rely on it. It takes a few days sometimes. UGA would surely be infected. This virus spreads like a wild fire. Up to the officials. We'll soon see.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"........if the Georgia game goes on as scheduled." Yahoo News just reported that additional statement. Now they are talking "if" the game is played. Knew that was coming. Testing of AL players and staff Thursday should provide more answers.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was afraid of something like this.

Maybe they postpone the game and extend the season another week? Shift the playoffs a week later ? This is crazy...

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How convienent that Saban tests positive a few days after his defense was lit up for almost 650 yards of Offense for Ole Miss and 48 points 🤔

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, hard to see that only Nick Saban and the athletic director are the only two positives. Unless Saban had no interaction with his players at all since Saturday, hard to believe some of them won't turn up positive come Thursday or Friday, or even Saturday. Not to mention some coaches. And I think testing should be done daily at this point at all SEC schools, this three times a week ain't gonna cut it. Also, folks need to remember that it's not only necessary to wear masks, which is being done haphazardly at best, but also frequent and thorough washing of hands. Fingers crossed they can play but we shall see.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2020

I'm praying for a quick and full recovery for Saben and anyone else that has the virus! God's speed.

While we are on the subject, opposing team players should not be congregating on the field after it is over without masks. Why they are still meeting on the field after the game is over is not smart. How was that missed?

Football is all that matters to the institution known as the University of Alabama. If they feel their chances of winning without Saben or player X are diminished, they WILL petition to have the game postponed. I doubt this game takes place now on October 24th.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He was on TV not long ago saying he felt perfectly fine, so maybe it won't get bad for him.

Get well soon, coach!

• Options
    adawgadawg Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

They announced before the season started that each team will have a bye week during the season, & another one after the last regular season game, which is the weekend before the SEC Championship Game. They did that bc they knew something like this could happen. So, they already have a couple of different weekends that the game can be made up if need be. Our bye week is scheduled for 10-31, which is the weekend before the Florida game.

• Options
    adawgadawg Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman
    edited October 2020

Actually, I don't guess they could make the game up on 10-31 after all, bc even though UGA's off that day, AL isn't. Unless they could perhaps reschedule another game or something. There's no way in the world those 2 teams should play 2 weekends in a row if they're on track to play each other again for the SEC Championship. That would be brutal for both teams.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2020

1st off, I hope he doesn't get any actual symptoms and the game can played Saturday, but like said before, if he and the AD has it, there's very little to no way possible that NONE of the players have it. It should be a mandatory test day in and day out at this point. We're getting to the temps outside where this virus will thrive again.

Yeah the whole "masks are required here" in stores has become an absolute joke in the little town I live in. Everybody going around "if you're wearing a mask, then I shouldn't have to", and we wonder why the virus is gonna have another outbreak. People are just too selfish to put on a mask. I'm a big dude, 6'4 290, and it may look like I'm covering my face with a g string with a mask, but at least I know I'm trying to help against it. I have an elderly grandmother and my mom is in a wheelchair after having 2 strokes a few months back. If these people who refuse to wear masks had to worry day in and day out about the disease spreading to their loved ones, the virus would be more contained. But as of now, I only see it getting worse. So we worry about this game being postponed, I almost worry about the whole season being postponed. Just my opinions here.

• Options
    BusjoshBusjosh Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman
    edited October 2020

Sending out prayers for Coach Saban and Greg Byrne. When will this crap go away?! Sending good vibes and prayers for a speedy recovery. Ms. Terry will take very good care of both of these men because that’s the way she rolls! ROLL TIDE!