Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Best Sub Sandwich

Comments

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BangersBangers Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Other

Jimmy Johns!

• Options
    MWorkman17MWorkman17 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Jersey Mike's

I love Jersey Mike's Club Sub. As for Philadelphia, we were sent to Jim's South St. by a local and we were not disappointed.

• Options
    GreenvilleDawgGreenvilleDawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman
    Publix

The thing that put's Publix over the top for me is that you can literally get them to put anything from their deli on your sub. Want something not on the menu? They will go and cut it up right there. You can personalize like crazy. And to be honest, when their Chicken Tender sub goes on sale, you get so much for your money. I get them to add the buffalo sauce. After eating, I go lay down the rest of the day.

• Options
    Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020
    Other

Don’t know if this qualifies, but I kinda miss the flowerpot sandwiches at Good Ol’ Days on Roswell Rd. They were either really good, or I was altered just enough to make them seem that tasty! 😂🤷‍♂️

• Options
    roydawgroydawg Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Jersey Mike's

Hmmm thanks for the suggestion. Their website says they’re opening one on Calle Ocho soon.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Publix

Baldinos, Larrys and Publix are both better than jersey mikes

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Other

Appropriate that this convo includes Philly. Very interested as to the Why part of those who like or dislike the City.

• Options
    WtkWtk Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Other

Fred's Meat and Bread

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Other

What about Philly Connection?

When I lived in Jacksonville there was a Philly Connection nearby and their Philly subs were pretty good to me.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Jersey Mike's

Resurrecting an old thread, but have to go with Jersey Mikes. Mike's way with extra red relish is the way to go. Their cheese steaks are also fantastic.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Jersey Mike's

My teenaged son would eat there every day if he could. Have always done it Mike's way, but we'll have to give the red relish a try. Thanks for the tip.

• Options
    Jersey Mike's

I could eat there every day also. Try their cheese steaks. You won't be disappointed.

• Options
    Other

I forgot about that place! I never had one of those flower pot sandwiches - wish I did, but I have some fond memories of that place. I had a nice run there my junior year of high school where they would serve pitchers to me and my buddies on live wrestling night. It all came to a screeching halt though when the wrong guy got word, showed up, and threw a pitcher on one of the wrestlers. Before then, it was a lot of fun seeing a guy get work in the ring there Wednesday night and then end up on RAW the next Monday.

• Options
    Other

There are some good restaurants and the downtown Zoo is kind of awesome, but I agree, Philly is only loved by those that are from there. Liberty Hall is pretty cool, but the Phillies and Eagles games are on an island outside of the city. You have to sit through awful traffic to get where you want to be an nothing is close to anything else. Pittsburg is much more fun to visit. Hard to bet the pizza shops in Philly though - almost all of them are awesome. The best cheese steaks in Philly are at independent pizza shops. Ham grinders and pizza steaks are another great choice. If you go to a Philly pizza shop, skip the pizza and go with a steak sandwhich, hoggie, or a grinder.

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Publix

Voted Publix because their chicken tender sub is great, as is the Italian, and they do great stuck in a cooler while out on the water.

Haven’t seen it mentioned, but the Philly at Blind Pig Tavern used to be awesome c.a. 2005. Need to go back and try it again.

• Options
    Jersey Mike's

I remember the Publix in Watkinsville made an amazing Cuban. Buttered and pressed. The best! The Publix here in Pensacola and Gulf Breeze just don't make it the same.

• Options
    Shuler82Shuler82 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Publix

I voted for Publix but my favorite is Lenny’s meatball. Can’t believe I didn’t see anyone mention Lenny’s.