Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Beat-up Georgia football team opens as favorite over Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,496 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageBeat-up Georgia football team opens as favorite over Florida

Georgia football has several injuries, but the Bulldogs are favored to beat Florida in Saturday's game in Jacksonville according to Las Vegas oddsmakers

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have worried about CKM's ability to judge QB talent for the past three years. Now, we've got the world's greatest junior college quarter back (sarc), who has 5 interceptions in the last 2 games playing in front of 5 star recruits who are able to throw the ball more than 45 yards in the air.

We have to beat Florida to have any chance of reaching the SEC championship and beyond. That means we have to outscore Florida. Can we do it with Stetson?

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Given our injury situation, I'm shocked at this. I expect this point spread to drop (or we even become the underdogs) as the game approaches.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Offensively, it appears doubtful from the performances to date. Not "showing anything" in the Kentucky game is a possibility, but that has to be proven this Saturday. If we leave anything on the field this weekend, winning will be a task. On the defensive side, the depth of talent can handle the loses to injury, but there could be an emotional aspect with the loss of Richie. His circumstances could be devastating for his "brothers," or it could be inspirational. Let's hope for the latter. Go Dawgs...Beat those lousy stinkin' lizards!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do not see UGA a favorite. Especially now that LeCounte is gone and a rookie is replacing him. How good is Major Burns? Davis returning? Too many injuries. I suspect the Gators will attrit a few themselves....especially after the brawl. But they have Trask and he is improving weekly. Looked good against Mizzou. Buried them. He has the strength of the long ball. UGA does not in Stetson Bennett. Our backs are very good. Positive note. Cook is catching short passes. Zeus is showing what he can do now. Kendall Milton is a workhorse. Kenny M is a speedster we need on returns and sweeps. Hopefully...we can regain use of the WRs. What a waste. A good strong QB would employ them every game. Oh well. One can hope UGA receives the miracle I have asked for. FL will be high on "Mullen"....something like Gatorade.

• Options
    philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think his loss will inspire defense!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

All teams experience injuries. Get over it. Our defense is loaded with depth, so I'm not worried at all. Next man up...offer no excuses...finish the drill. Either we have the talent, coaching, offensive scheme, and QB development to be an elite team or we don't...which is it?

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You don't lose half a dozen starters on defense and be the same team. Maybe come game time it's only 3-4 but if Cine is out and LeCount is gone then there goes you're two starting safeties against a very good passing attack. Take away the big guy(future 1st or 2nd round stud at noseguard) and now you are much smaller up front. We've got lot's of edge rushers but the D-line just got more susceptible to the run game.

Run game weaker, pass defense on the back end weaker, QB can't find the open guy. Yeh, Just get over it. LOL!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

I would say it's a yes to the first 3 and a no on the last. Smart has never lost to Mullen, even last year with all the issues on offense we were having. So it's hard to say coaching and offensive scheming are at issue when it comes to beating Florida. If that last box were checked yes, there would be no question about the other two.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I was responding to the question of if "we have the talent, coaching, offensive scheme, and QB development to be an elite team". Not whether we can beat FLA. I stand by my assessment.

• Options
    HowlnwoofHowlnwoof Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

To DawgTat and anyone else doubting Kirby, give it a rest. Saban was ahead of Kirby and everyone else in the offensive transition. Kirby will catch up very soon this year is probably not the year to over take the Tide. I ain't giving up but I think we are still a bit short on QB and WR development. If Kirby and crew can pull off a championship this year it will be coaching feat for the ages!