Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following 14-3 win over Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following 14-3 win over Kentucky

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football winners and losers following 14-3 win over Kentucky Winner: Georgia running backs There weren't

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Losers, the fans who have to continue witnessing our QB woes and the lack of our passing game, while watching our competition light up opposing defenses with a superior passing attack to complement a powerful running game.

KS has a lot of strengths and hopefully he will learn to let someone else handle the QB's. Maybe one day we will have a Heisman Candidate at QB in our program.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, someone got ahold of Justin Field's "raw talent" and coached him up? Is that what I'm hearing? Seems to me he just stepped right in and started leading his team to victories with hard nose play and accurate passing. Am I missing something? CKS surely did. CKS -loser on this one.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sarcasm tybee, I'm sure you probably knew that. KS has recruited at such a high level that it's hurt us, IMO, in the QB room. There's only room for one five star at a time at QB, you can't recruit a five star every year and not expect musical chairs in the QB room. Probably every other year, then theoretically you always have a starter and one in development for a year.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ugh. We didn’t, though. If I never hear Justin Fields’s name in these forums again, it’ll still be too soon. The fact is, he just wasn’t better than Fromm when he was here. Not for our team, and not in general. He’s doing really well in the Big 1, being on that 1 team that’s big, but when he was on the field for UGA, he just wasn’t that great. A few decent passes, a few good choices to run, and that was it. Y’all need to let that be. Oh, and Tyler Simmons WAS onsides, if we want to bring up old news.

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

When will Dawg fans accept that JF would have made this current team a National Champion contender. If you say he playing in the B1G against weaker opponents that may be true but you are also failing to acknowledge the talent on our team which would have made it easy for him if he was still here. People making **** comments like this clearly don't understand football. He's gone and I'm not defending him but am tired of the fans who don't believe we could be contending for a title with Fields at QB. Just Dumb!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brock may, and I repeat may, be the QB of the future but if this year is a pattern for future years then he wont be the starter next year. Not saying he doesn't have the talent but he does play in a small school competition wise. Not exactly a lot of 4 and 5 star DB's he's playing against. Game is much slower than when he gets to Athens.

We have a "Mr. Florida" football player of the year guy on the bench as a freshman, and a former 5 star starter as a Fr. for USC on the bench, and who is playing? The experienced former 2 star walk-on. And why? One can only surmise that he knows the playbook better? The former USC starter is still not 100% healthy? or SB just looks better in practice(the same way Jake Fromm looked better than Justin Fields to Kirby)? Your guess is good as mine? Who the heck knows?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Jake could have done something with this team, yes. He is much better than Bennett. I do not think he would have beaten Bama, so we would still be 4-1....but I would feel better if Jake were in there for FL! Jake could beat FL.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven't seen anyone, including osmosiphobe, doubting that Fields would have made this year's team a national title favorite. I don't think the Big 10 commentary was all that relevant, but it was pretty ancillary to the bigger point, which is that people keep harping on the past Fields situation as though it was another example of the problem we're watching play out right now. It wasn't. That was a completely different scenario in which one quarterback was more prepared to lead the team than another. Smart opted for the former and pursued the championship possibility THAT SEASON, rather than looking to build for a future one. It didn't work out, but that doesn't mean it was the wrong decision at the time that it was made.

This is not to excuse Smart's current handling of the quarterbacks. Like just about everyone else, I think he's completely wrong not to have tried someone other than Bennett by now. But osmosiphobe is right that people need to stop looking back on the Fields situation as though it was at all similar to this one.

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

@E_Roc , I'm not comparing the two situations only stating the fact that we need to stop acting as if Fields was only about himself and CKS shouldn't be looked at as a possible cause. Look, everyone knows that Jake should have started but all I'm saying is we could have done a better job to get Fields involved more so than a hand full of running plays. My post have been about the coach not wanting to adapt and the Fields situation is an example of it.

Go Dawgs!!!