Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Midseason Georgia football stock report: Bulldogs need correction at Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageMidseason Georgia football stock report: Bulldogs need correction at Florida

Midseason Georgia football stock report reveals players on the rise, and some Bulldogs that have held their own or need to get better second half of season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike: "UGA fans should know he’s (Bennett) doing his best." That is not the remark about your starting QB you want to hear going after a national championship or even the SEC East! It sounds like an 8th grader down on math. Unbelievable.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson Bennett even???? Seriously??

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2020

All interesting calls, this being a blog after all. But a couple of NAH votes. I love Stetson's heart, grit, and willingness to do whatever to help his dawgs. But it's the SEC. There is no Pass/Fail grading system. And so far, Kirby Smart has succeeded in proving one thing - he's a defensive coach. Period. Offense seems to be difficult for him to grasp, or manage. "We want to be explosive." Well gee, what team doesn't? Or, "You don't see them in practice." The goal is not to win practice. That's it on note one. The other relates to Burton. He is extremely talented, extremely. With this caveat: He has to CATCH THE **** BALL. He does that, the sky's the limit.

Hate the injuries. Pulling for the team. Definite gut check time. Not a fan of the chop, unless it's the Braves.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

After mistakes, bad game decisions, and 5 interceptions in 2 games, I'd say Bennett's stock is slightly down and the best way for him to get it up is to have a stellar game against the Gators.

And for all you fans crying about our defensive injuries...such is life. GET OVER IT. It's not an excuse to lose. You'll be happy to know that (2) of Florida's defensive starters will be out in the first half of the game because of the Missouri brawl. Mullen has been fined $25K, and he'll probably be losing more than that if he loses to the Dawgs AGAIN. I say let's make sure of it!

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, the writer is correct in Bennett being even. He is indeed doing the best he can and is at his performance limit. It's not his fault that he is playing in a league above him.

Stock down needs to include Smart. I love him, but he is quickly losing the confidence of the fanbase and you certainly can't expect any more high profile QBs to sign with him putting Daniels 3rd and Beck 4th.

I've always thought of Smart being a straightforward guy willing to accept when he was wrong and adapt, but it seems clear that he is falling into that Richt-trap of refusing to adapt, to experiment, to grow and to dominate. He wants to do it Smart's way (which he calls "Georgia's-way" which is BS).

I haven't heard anything lately, but I'd put absolute money on him saying how Bennett is going to "improve" and how it "wasn't his fault" and yada, yada.

Again. Not a SINGLE PASS thrown by anyone else since Bennett has taken over. Not in any 4th quarter. Nada. Half-way through the season.