Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football offensive line, running backs 'real confident' heading into Florida game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,561 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football offensive line, running backs 'real confident' heading into Florida game

There will be lots and lots of talk this week about the Georgia quarterback position and how Stetson Bennett needs to play on Saturday against the No. 8 Florida Gators. But no matter how Georgia's quarterback plays, they're not going to be able to win — or lose — the game on their own. They'll need to rely on the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'd rather lose to anyone else but Florida. Please, guys, please beat these low-rent SOB's this weekend.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Zachary Carter — Florida’s second-most disruptive defensive lineman — will miss the first half of the game stemming from his involvement in a fight during the Missouri-Florida game

I sure hope we get Bennet comfortable throwing the ball around before he absolutely has to because we are behind and they start pinning their ears back. Won't be able to just run the ball down their throats consistently enough without mixing in passes and keeping them guessing.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Our offense is young, but talented. That seems to have led to some uneven performances against opponents we should beat handily, but strong motivation in big games -- the Auburn game comes to mind. Hopefully, we'll see another strong effort.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭ Junior

Saturday against the Gaturds would be a great time for the O-line to have their best game of the season. With our defense missing some big pieces, controlling the clock and limiting FL possessions will be key to winning the game.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So much negativity swirling around lately. I'll admit, I'm beginning to let it seep in. I've enjoyed the last couple of posts I've seen from you, providing some reasonable optimism.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jamaree Salyer, OT, has been quite vocal about the offenses "confidence." I like him. “A lot of confidence may not be shown in other places, but in this building, we’re very confident in our group. We’re very confident in what we can do and what we have done. I think that confidence is going to show on Saturday and show moving forward.” No player-speak with Jamaree. It has bolstered my rocky confidence in the Dawgs outlook Saturday..I'll say that. The OL has matured a lot. Salyer said they will work hard for whomever has the ball, be it Bennett, Zeus, Cook, Kendall...! I for one believe him. Zeus is coming back to that early 5-star form. Cook is catching more aerials, Kendall is a moose......on and on. If they can protect Bennett long enough....he could split the FL defense with his short game. Make them open up and leave holes. UGA's defense will do its job as well....contain Trask. Maybe I can put away the bp pills for a welcome change. We'll see! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I want to see our guys fired up when they run onto the field in Jacksonville Saturday. We BETTER want this game more than Florida! We better focus, and not make any bone head penalties. Don't help them out. I want to see an angry Dawg bunch playing their tails off on both sides of the ball Saturday! GET AFTER THEM, DAWGS! SIC, 'EM!

GOOOOOOOOO DAWGS!

BEAT THOSE HATED GOOBERS!

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

As usual around this time of the year, the weather forecast calls for rain. I really like our chances of running the ball against the gators more so than them running it against us. This also bodes well for the short passing game for the likes of Cook, Robertson and Jackson as they will try to stack the box .

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You'd think games are won on the internet, but the players know better.

Love the offense's team spirit, camaraderie, and confidence in one another. Our team is fully capable of beating Saturday's opponent. The team's goals are intact. One win at a time is all it takes.

Florida should have high hopes to dash. Kirby Smart is gnashing his teeth balancing his desire to appease internet critics with his coaching duties and obligations to his team.

All that, and we have a football game to watch Saturday afternoon.

Go, Dawgs!