Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Georgia got off track 44-28 loss to Florida, simple as 1-2-3

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageHow Georgia got off track 44-28 loss to Florida, simple as 1-2-3

Georgia football couldn't execute its game plan against Florida, and things went off the rails quickly with the offense stumbling from the second quarter onward

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You forgot the biggest key to the loss.. Lack of Coaching should've been #1

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They only out passed us by 300 yards. Welcome to modern day football CKS. But we did outrush them 2 to 1. Half of that was on 1 play though. Hey Jake Fromm beat Fla 3straight years. They way I see it. That bought CKS about 2 more years of coaching if we lose to them the next 2 years. Maybe Trask turns pro? Fingers crossed.

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stick a fork in this season. It’s done. Dogs will be back though.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Actually you are very wrong Mike, it goes like this:

1. Kirby smart
    2. kirby smart is way to stubborn
    3. kirby smart is living in the past offenses
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dwan had another opportunity to **** the QB position away but outside of the one throw for the TD he was way off on several throws. Two runs for a 1st down were nice but his accuracy was atrocious.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 351 ✭✭✭ Junior

"From the chapters of Captan Obvious, the quarterback position was the difference in the game."

do you mean Captain???

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We just can't compete with the big boys. We have no good experienced QB, no high scoring offense, and I honestly don't see how we can develop either anytime soon (ie at least a couple of seasons). Our elite #1 defense got manhandled by Bama at full strength and the Gators did as well without Pitts in the 2nd half. Injuries or not, our secondary looked lost out there. I feel like this entire UGA program has taken a step backwards. I also do not think Kirby knows what he is doing with QBs. Fields was a BIG mistake, and I've said that all along.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m rooting for Ohio St. the rest of year for NC. I want Kirby to see Fields win the Heisman and NC and I hope cries after. Then JT will leave and he has nothing!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

9 for 29 and 3 interceptions...that's all you have to say...

Like watching a slow moving train wreck...

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Any idea why Zamir White had only two more carries in the first half, and only six more total, after the 75-yard run to start the game?

The answer “because Florida loaded the box to stop the run” is inadequate. I don’t care if UF had all 11 players in the box, White needs to get more than SEVEN CARRIES.

Incredibly frustrating. No human being on earth can outsmart themself better than an offensive coordinator at the University of Georgia.

• Options
    HootiePepperHootiePepper Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Inexplicable coaching debacle!! JT Daniels must either be injured, slow of mind, or just horrible to have not been inserted into this game with 10 minutes left. Beyond that, the discarding of a run game plan to eat clock is just befuddling. If we continue with Stetson or Dwan for the remainder of this season, then we will lose another game. I would rather lose with JT or Carson than to watch this middling offensive performance. But...my bet is that Stetson gets the start next week. Ugh

• Options
    Texas_DawgTexas_Dawg Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Utterly embarrassing!! Kirby needs to get his ACE out the offense room and worry about the defense!! And if we find out JT Daniels could really have played Kirby needs to be fired!

• Options
    Texas_DawgTexas_Dawg Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

And I get more pissed off as I watch Fields shine in Ohio State!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2020

I'm sitting here watching clemson and notre dame play. clemson is running their second string QB and he is playing lights out. Their receivers are dynamic and impressive to watch.

Are we THAT bad at recruiting or is it all coaching? For the life of me, I will never understand the whole SB4 experiment. Good kid, Good Dawg but not an starter for a supposed contender.

And our receivers....you have catches but not a lot after the catch. Yeah, I get they catch on their backs because the quarterback can't hit them in stride but seriously, why is Matt Landers ever even looked at? And does Robertson not even deserve a look more than once per game? And tight ends? That kid transferred from FSU and we had high hopes. Heck, I'd think an arm like Bennett's would thrive on TE passes.

I see absolutely nothing impressive in our offense. If JT really can't play for insurance reasons, as a prior poster said, then why is he even on the bus? I don't believe that story but I've seen Kirby do well in prior years so what the heck is going on? And why was Monken hired? I thought it was to follow LSU's example from last year but that would never happen with Bennett or Mathis running the team. So why is he there?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

“Quarterback competition in practice” determines who plays? Either our guys look great in practice but can’t play under the pressure of a game, or our coaches can’t evaluate quarterbacks. Which is it, DawgNation? And should we just “wing it” and play JT or Carson Beck? If I were the coach, I’d play one of them....